SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Failure on attempting to raid with no successes. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Edger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
If I roll no successes on a raid will my ship be destroyed to make up the difference, or does it just sit there and my turn ends?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merioch wrote:
If I roll no successes on a raid will my ship be destroyed to make up the difference, or does it just sit there and my turn ends?

If you roll zero successes and the defense value is 4 then you take 4 damage. This might sink your ship or it might not. Whether or not it sinks your ship, the raid was unsuccessful.

This seems clearly spelled out, step by step, under "Completing an Endeavor & Fortune".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Which means a failed raid could theoretically lose glory (if your ship has upgrades when it sinks)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Neville
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It all depends on the defence of the site. Your ship takes damage equal to the defense of the site. If your ship doesn't have to draw a third damage card (you can exhaust upgrades instead of drawing a card), then the ship doesn't sink. If it does have to draw a third, then the ship sinks.

Either way, the endeavor is unsuccessful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that if the site is a normal site (not a "dangerous" site), you can spend fortune to alter the dice. And there are several options (even in the prologue game) that allow fortune even at a dangerous site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.