Subject: Massive LOS through another Massive figure rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Helfrich
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
Figures do not block line of sight to or from a Massive figure.

My assumption is that when it says "figure" it is referencing ALL figures, with no size distinction. When I think that through, it seems like there is a lot missing.

Logically figures of the same size should block LOS for all figures of the same size or smaller.

Example, if I'm playing with two bantha's, and they are in a hallway 2 squares wide, my opponent should not be able to draw LOS through 1 bantha to get to another bantha.

I could see some thematic argument for ATSTs that you could fire through their legs, but outside of that all other Massive and Large figures seem to fit into the example above. I also don't think it makes sense to make character specific exceptions (unless an ability allows for it). Am I missing something, or is this just one of those rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interpret literally. Figures do not block line of sight to or from a Massive figure. What abilities the other figures have or do not have does not matter.

It will be the easier to get line of sight the bigger the target is, regardless of other figures.

There are so many combinations that you'll have a lot of house-ruling to do if you want to be 100% thematic. On the other hand you may find thematic justifications for having line of sight to a Bantha even with another in the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You're not missing anything. "Figure" means any figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Have you ever seen a wet Bantha? They're like 50% hair. Plenty of room to get a shot on the second one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
I imagine it would be hard to hit a Bantha hiding behind another Bantha,but you better get used to it. Sandpeople always ride single-file to hide their numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav W
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
I imagine it would be hard to hit a Bantha hiding behind another Bantha,but you better get used to it. Sandpeople always ride single-file to hide their numbers.

It's harder to hit the second one, you need more accuracy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Webbe wrote:
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:

It's harder to hit the second one, you need more accuracy.

It's only harder if you actually have a chance to miss due to insufficient accuracy. That doesn't happen much, in my experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.