Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: Advice about painting under Undraal/Konrad's cloak rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant Crofton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the Paolo Parente guest box heroes recently (those and the Adrian Smith ones - both awesome!).

One thing that struck me was that painting under the cloak on Undraal & Konrad is going to be a challenge, as you can see:

I haven't painted anything similar before. The options I'm considering are:

- Just give it a good pull, and hope for the best
- Cut it off
- Just leave that whole area black

If I can get it off cleanly I'll pin it back on, so I'm not too worried about the strength of the joint afterwards.

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tex Hammack

Spanish Fork
Utah
msg tools
mb
Put it in the freezer. It will make the Glue super brittle. Then with even force you should be able to pop it off. I don't have that model just yet but this is the method I used for my Abominarat to paint under him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Diaz
msg tools
I have the same problem, it's impossible to use a paintbrush underneath, I was thinking on pulling the cloak off or cut the base and glue it afterwards..

Let us know how the super glue method in the freezer works if you go for that option

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Don't worry about it?
If you can't get to it, it doesn't need to be painted...
Just my opinion.
:-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horst Lightner
msg tools
Sorry for late reply. I had a similar issue. For Undraal I used an uncure for super glue. Her cloak came right off and the pin on it did not break. I could not get Konrad's off that way but it was easier to paint his mini with the cloak on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.