Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Navarrete
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why back this? There aren't many KS exclusives, and if there isn't a discount over MSRP, then why not wait for the release and get an order through CoolStuff, Miniature Market, or Cardhaus?

What is the incentive?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J-F Audy
Canada
Chambly
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One reason would be to get the game before retail. Is it a good reason? Not necessarily if you ask me, but for some people, it matters!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
Possible reason someone may back Valeria: Flames and Frost:

1. You want to support Daily Magic Games directly
2. You're excited/impatient and you want the game before retail
3. You're interested in the additional wooden tokens exclusively included in the deluxe plus pledge tier
4. You don't own the base game and the exclusives from the previous campaign but you're interested in jumping on now
5. You live in a country where CoolStuff isn't the most affordable option
6. You have an expendable income not affected by the $6 you'll save with an online retailer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Venent wrote:
Why back this? There aren't many KS exclusives, and if there isn't a discount over MSRP, then why not wait for the release and get an order through CoolStuff, Miniature Market, or Cardhaus?

What is the incentive?

It should be cheaper than retail, and you're getting a mini expansion included instead of a separate purchase like at retail to make it an even better deal. Is that plus the exclusives plus getting it earlier good enough? You have to decide for yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Venent wrote:

What is the incentive?

I like supporting this company.

It may not be much, but they have stood by their backers in ways that most other companies don't, and they have earned my loyalty. They are actually the only company I can say this about.

So while it's mostly the same for me (I don't typically place huge orders at any of the OLGS so I'm unlikely to pick it up at CSI in a free shipping order some months after release if it becomes some kind of deal), it actually makes a large difference for them because even with the KS cut, they are making better margins off of my direct purchase from them than if I bought from a reseller.

I would tend to think that there is a similar rationale for most other backers. No one is going to back this expansion unless they have (and enjoy) the base game. So I don't think dangling extra perks out to attract fresh blood is really appropos for this campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Helland

Esko
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why back? First off to support them directly. They are a good company and I want to see them expand their game titles. Second, to help them pimp out their game by reaching new stretch goals which might not be created if not for Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
Sweet Grass
Montana
flag msg tools
They have to make lot more worthwhile else I am buying it at the OLGS. I buy large quantities so I save on shipping. You support the company anyway. The extra wood tokens do not sway it for me. Also hate waiting long periods of unpredictable time for it to be delivered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.