Subject: Cards help sheet - Other languages rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastien Falardeau
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
Hi guys,

Since I'll be playing with players that do not totally understand English, I was happy to see that Riot did an excellent job of having translated rule book and dossiers and making them available to download on their website.

When looking at the other language tutorials / dossiers, I noticed that the cards were actually translated in the screenshots. I was wondering if a help sheet for the cards was available for other languages (or even in English) ? That would make my job a lot easier than having to describe all the cards one by one each time.

As anyone seen this somewhere ?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me look into this. Are you thinking a translated Quick Start guide that breaks down all the cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Let me look into this. Are you thinking a translated Quick Start guide that breaks down all the cards?

A translated player aid with all the cards would be amazing.

You guys are awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Falardeau
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
First, let me thank you for this fast response and the amazing support you guys are providing on this board.

A translated Quick Start guide would be awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian J.
msg tools
Riot Kades wrote:

Im thinking a translated version of Rumbles Pro-Tips would be great. Maybe make the images of the cards a bit bit bigger. That as a downloadable .pdf and 90% of translation needs would be fullfilled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've uploaded 10 translated Quick Reference sheets to the Files section here on BGG for MvM. I'm assuming they'll be available as soon as an admin has time to approve them.

Let me know if these help. Also, I've said in the past that these languages are 90% complete. So feel free to bring up any translation issues you have with them and I'll make sure they're corrected before we (if we) mass print the game in your language.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Falardeau
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
Thanks Chris, you guys are the best. This is exactly what I was looking for.

I'll let you know if I find translation issues for the French one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian J.
msg tools
Thanks, that was quick.

Are you open for suggestions on the translations or would that be too much f a hassle, given the amount of languages zou provide.

One example would be to just skip the "Vasallen" and leave it at minions in the german tranlation.

Minion already made its way into the Duden (our Oxford Dictionary) and Vasall does not really fit the meaning.

€dit: I just saw that you are open for suggestions...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Natanael85 wrote:

Are you open for suggestions on the translations or would that be too much f a hassle, given the amount of languages zou provide.

One example would be to just skip the "Vasallen" and leave it at minions in the german tranlation.

No, I'd welcome this feedback. It may be best to compile it under the file discussion, though. The most efficient way to update these translations is to gather all of the feedback and have the guys make one final pass. When that final pass happens, it'd help to have it all gathered in one place - under the file makes the most sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.