jhonny seven
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a question about recharging a displayed card.

For example I just finished an encounter and have 7 cards in my hand, my limit is 6.

If I have a card like say Glibness where it says "display this card" "while displayed add +3 to your charisma checks" and then at the end of the turn I can attempt to recharge it.
now I believe I can display this card before I explore (but I will not be exploring here) but since I am not actually going to use it other than displaying it can I still attempt to recharge it instead of automatically discarding it?

bonus question time.

I am playing Balazar he has charisma - with arcane +2. Does he get the arcane bonus when He is going for a regular charisma check? I thought I read he does but I cannot find where I read that.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhonnyseven wrote:
I have a question about recharging a displayed card.

For example I just finished an encounter and have 7 cards in my hand, my limit is 6.

If I have a card like say Glibness where it says "display this card" "while displayed add +3 to your charisma checks" and then at the end of the turn I can attempt to recharge it.
now I believe I can display this card before I explore (but I will not be exploring here) but since I am not actually going to use it other than displaying it can I still attempt to recharge it instead of automatically discarding it?

Yes. Basically, you can finish exploring, but before moving on to the end of your turn, display it. Then, when you end your turn, follow the instructions on it about recharging it. It doesn't matter if you didn't use it.

jhonnyseven wrote:
bonus question time.

I am playing Balazar he has charisma - with arcane +2. Does he get the arcane bonus when He is going for a regular charisma check? I thought I read he does but I cannot find where I read that.

Thanks!

No. If he chooses to make a Charisma check, he isn't making an Arcane check, so he doesn't get that bonus. Only if he is making an Arcane check does he get that bonus.

His Arcane check is a Charisma check, but his Charisma check is not an Arcane check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jhonny seven
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok great thanks alot!

and

"His Arcane check is a Charisma check, but his Charisma check is not an Arcane check."

Just answered my follow up questions. Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.