Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all!

So, I don't have a rulebook available at the moment, but had a question regarding the the activation of Schematic cards. Is there a limit to how many times you can activate them in a turn?

So, With Rocket Jump for example, can I keep using it so long as I have minions to land on to keep from discarding it? Or am I limited to only once per turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kirkpatrick
United States
South Bend
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The schematics have the same limitations as normal cards. That is, some of them are use once then discard, while others have ongoing effects. Look at the icon in the upper-right corner for the card type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TehCupcakes wrote:
The schematics have the same limitations as normal cards. That is, some of them are use once then discard, while others have ongoing effects. Look at the icon in the upper-right corner for the card type.

Rocket Jump is kind of an exception here though. It's a use and discard card, but if you land on a minion you get to keep it. I had assumed that you could only use it once per turn, but OP brings up a good question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
Check out our series at youtube.com/boardgamereplay
mbmbmbmbmb
InkSplat wrote:
Hey all!

So, I don't have a rulebook available at the moment, but had a question regarding the the activation of Schematic cards. Is there a limit to how many times you can activate them in a turn?

So, With Rocket Jump for example, can I keep using it so long as I have minions to land on to keep from discarding it? Or am I limited to only once per turn?

If they ever say "before (or after) you execute your command line", then you can only do it once per turn. So with Rocket Jump, even though you're not discarding it because you stomped a minion, you have to wait for your next turn before using it again.

There are some other schematics that have passive abilities, like Tristana's Exploding Shot, which triggers whenever a minions is killed and a gear is earned. That can trigger multiple times in a round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmine Migliore
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Rocket Jump does not stops any minion on the direction the player chooses but only the last space he lands on? And also, can the player choose a diagonal direction?

Then it is me or there is no mention on how many Schematics you can start a game with in the missions rulebooks? The only mention is in the Master Mechanic.

Finally on mission 2 it says that you shuffle all the damage cards newly revealed with the damage deck but in the envelope I only got 1 damage card and 4 schematics
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
Check out our series at youtube.com/boardgamereplay
mbmbmbmbmb
22764636 wrote:
So Rocket Jump does not stops any minion on the direction the player chooses but only the last space he lands on? And also, can the player choose a diagonal direction?

Then it is me or there is no mention on how many Schematics you can start a game with in the missions rulebooks? The only mention is in the Master Mechanic.

Finally on mission 2 it says that you shuffle all the damage cards newly revealed with the damage deck but in the envelope I only got 1 damage card and 4 schematics

1. So Rocket Jump does not stomp any minion on the direction the player chooses but only the last space he lands on? And also, can the player choose a diagonal direction?

Yes, you only stomp a minion if it's on the space you land on. Rocket Jump is Trist essentially blasting the ground, launching herself into the air, and landing a number of spaces away equal to or less than the number of minions you killed with the initial blast. This includes diagonal spaces. I'm not 100% sure on diagonal thing but I'm fairly certain as the Range rules in the book state: "When a numeric range is specified, count the number of spaces it would take to move to the target to determine the range between two game pieces, including diagonal spaces." *Edit* - confirmed by Frederick below

2. Then it is me or there is no mention on how many Schematics you can start a game with in the missions rulebooks? The only mention is in the Master Mechanic.

The 3rd mission rules (once you've unlocked a 3rd Schematic for each Yordel), say that you pick two for this mission. All future missions you'll choose 2 of the available Schematics to take with you.

3. Finally on mission 2 it says that you shuffle all the damage cards newly revealed with the damage deck but in the envelope I only got 1 damage card and 4 schematics

This is just a mistake with the writing. The first time you unlock a damage card is at Mission 2 and it's just a single card. So you're not missing anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mattamd wrote:
22764636 wrote:

1. So Rocket Jump does not stomp any minion on the direction the player chooses but only the last space he lands on? And also, can the player choose a diagonal direction?

Yes, you only stomp a minion if it's on the space you land on. Rocket Jump is Trist essentially blasting the ground, launching herself into the air, and landing a number of spaces away equal to or less than the number of minions you killed with the initial blast. This includes diagonal spaces. I'm not 100% sure on diagonal thing but I'm fairly certain as the Range rules in the book state: "When a numeric range is specified, count the number of spaces it would take to move to the target to determine the range between two game pieces, including diagonal spaces." *Edit* - The more I think about this, the more I need to see the wording on the card. It may just counted as normal "movement" spaces.

2. Then it is me or there is no mention on how many Schematics you can start a game with in the missions rulebooks? The only mention is in the Master Mechanic.

The 3rd mission rules (once you've unlocked a 3rd Schematic for each Yordel), say that you pick two for this mission. All future missions you'll choose 2 of the available Schematics to take with you.

3. Finally on mission 2 it says that you shuffle all the damage cards newly revealed with the damage deck but in the envelope I only got 1 damage card and 4 schematics

This is just a mistake with the writing. The first time you unlock a damage card is at Mission 2 and it's just a single card. So you're not missing anything.

Matt Speaks The Truth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmine Migliore
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattamd wrote:
22764636 wrote:

Yes, you only stomp a minion if it's on the space you land on. Rocket Jump is Trist essentially blasting the ground, launching herself into the air, and landing a number of spaces away equal to or less than the number of minions you killed with the initial blast. This includes diagonal spaces. I'm not 100% sure on diagonal thing but I'm fairly certain as the Range rules in the book state: "When a numeric range is specified, count the number of spaces it would take to move to the target to determine the range between two game pieces, including diagonal spaces." *Edit* - The more I think about this, the more I need to see the wording on the card. It may just counted as normal "movement" spaces.

Thanks you that's great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.G. Behringer

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
MrPiddlesworth wrote:
mattamd wrote:
22764636 wrote:

Matt Speaks The Truth.

Just to be pedantic, can I get an official confirmation on the Rocket Jump once per turn? I have to admit that when I first saw the Rocket Jump, the mathematician in me went immediately to "or" meaning the logical disjunction aka inclusive or, rather than the specifically denoted exclusive or.

It wasn't until it was brought up for argument that I even considered the wording as an exclusive or.

And just to add another bit of spoiler-y nuisance, since the RESET allows a command line to be played twice, might that leave room for the argument of playing the Rocket Jump several more times?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If "any direction" includes 45 degrees, then it should also include 26.57 degrees (1 left/2 up), and 18.43 degrees (1 left/3 up), and so on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
amagila wrote:

Just to be pedantic, can I get an official confirmation on the Rocket Jump once per turn?

This is relevant to my interests, too. We interpreted it that you can jump before and/or after the command line, but only once each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilson
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Anomaly, or inevitable unlikelihood?
badge
Snoopy : )
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
If "any direction" includes 45 degrees, then it should also include 26.57 degrees (1 left/2 up), and 18.43 degrees (1 left/3 up), and so on?

True, but the game sort of implicitly defines directions on that schematic card (I think Tristana's) that says to kill the minion closet to you I. Each direction and they show an image of a blast like damage bubble going left, right, up, down, and along the 4 main diagonals (45°). This, to me, made it clear what the designers intended when they use the word direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Khan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattamd wrote:
22764636 wrote:

Yes, you only stomp a minion if it's on the space you land on. Rocket Jump is Trist essentially blasting the ground, launching herself into the air, and landing a number of spaces away equal to or less than the number of minions you killed with the initial blast. This includes diagonal spaces. I'm not 100% sure on diagonal thing but I'm fairly certain as the Range rules in the book state: "When a numeric range is specified, count the number of spaces it would take to move to the target to determine the range between two game pieces, including diagonal spaces." *Edit* - confirmed by Frederick below

Why do do you think you can jump fewer spaces away than the number of minions killed? To me, the card clearly indicates you have to jump as far as the number of minions (unless you can't jump that far because of the board edge etc.). I know that Frederick confirmed your text, but maybe he oversaw this???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can almost guarantee that was overlooked in the confirmation as it is very clear on the card you must go the exact number of spaces, not fewer. I also think the diagonal part was overlooked, to be honest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.