Hide
6 Posts

Portal: The Uncooperative Cake Acquisition Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Once, at the start of each player's turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A. Mocanu
msg tools
Many Character Cards state this: "Once, at the start of each player's turn, they may <do some action>".

I get the "start of each player's turn" part, but I'm not so sure about "once". Does it mean that each player is allowed to do the action no more than one time while that Character Card is active? Or does it mean something else?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anomo17 wrote:
Many Character Cards state this: "Once, at the start of each player's turn, they may <do some action>".

I get the "start of each player's turn" part, but I'm not so sure about "once". Does it mean that each player is allowed to do the action no more than one time while that Character Card is active? Or does it mean something else?

Thank you!

One use of the action per turn, at the start of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Mocanu
msg tools
Thank you for the very quick reply!

So, if the card is active and my turn has come, then I may perform the action once (no repeats allowed on this turn). But, if the card remains active for, let's say, 3 turns, then each player could perform the action up to 3 times. Did I get it right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Robledo
msg tools
Every player will be able to perform the action just once during a turn at the start of their turn, doesnt matter how long the card has been active, the effect is used just once during a turn, no repeats

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Mocanu
msg tools
akron2k wrote:
doesnt matter how long the card has been active, the effect is used just once during a turn, no repeats

I understood this from Kelsam's response and thank you for confirming it! But I am still not 100% sure about the following: Am I allowed to perform the action every time it's my turn (just once per turn, of course)? Or just at the start of only one of my turns?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Robledo
msg tools
anomo17 wrote:
Am I allowed to perform the action every time it's my turn (just once per turn, of course)?

This is correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.