1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Nintendo Switch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ibrahim Uddin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Growing up i loved the nintendo 64 and now we have Nintendo switch coming to us .

I am so excited to play the new Zelda, classic zelda no game can beat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb

Oh.

Never mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here, roll on March. This should put Nintendo well and truly back on the console map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
The latest round of consoles (and games) hasn't really grabbed my attention. This, however, is something I want to find out more about. Let's hope they don't screw it up somehow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ibrahim Uddin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Yeah i would love to play the classical games redone like diddykong go racing , zelda , mario and wwe no mercy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ibrahim Uddin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Oh i forgot golden eye they tried to make it for the wii but it wasnt as fun as the nintendo 64 version.

The wii was a total fail.

what do you guys think is a better game killer instinct or mortal kombat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meega, nala kwishta!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
RegalPanda wrote:
The Wii was the best-selling console Nintendo ever produced. It may have been under-powered, but it was not a fail by any measure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Harpring
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like the design of it. It strikes me as a more fully formed vision of the NVidia Shield (which I own and use, but recognize as temperamental and flawed). What I really hope is that this console will unify Nintendo's portable and console games into one platform with a truly great lineup. The 3DS has a lot of good games I'd like to play, but not on that system. The Wii U has a couple great games, but not enough to justify the console.

It was striking to see a Nintendo ad without any children in it. Also a portable screen that no one ever touched.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Emu Prime wrote:
Also a portable screen that no one ever touched.

The going theory is that the system is not touch. Personally I think it should be a full-fledged tablet, but I do not know what costs and limitations that would impose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Harpring
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Emu Prime wrote:
Also a portable screen that no one ever touched.

The going theory is that the system is not touch. Personally I think it should be a full-fledged tablet, but I do not know what costs and limitations that would impose.

It may not be. In some ways that would make sense since you won't be able to access the screen when in its dock, and maybe it has some cost-savings in hardware and software (developers don't have to bother implementing touch interfaces), but it still seems bizarre for a system that's visually indistinguishable from a tablet to not have a touchscreen. My toddler will be horribly confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer the Nintendo Dibs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
RegalPanda wrote:
Yeah i would love to play the classical games redone like diddykong go racing , zelda , mario and wwe no mercy

RegalPanda wrote:

Apparently you aren't award of Virtual Console.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
If interested there is a similar but more in depth conversation over on VGG.

First look at Nintendo NX – aka Nintendo Switch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ibrahim Uddin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Wow I am really excited over the new nintendo after seeing that forum page.

Cant wait to play on it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ibrahim Uddin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Does anyone know how much the Nintendo will cost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
RegalPanda wrote:
Does anyone know how much the Nintendo will cost?

I haven't seen anything definite, but the estimates I've seen are between $300-$350 USD (not sure what that would be elsewhere, or even if it's directly proportional to exchange rates).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ibrahim Uddin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Yeah, I cant wait to get one.

I hope it meets expectations of mine as I really loved the nintendo 64.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping this thread was about the old A/B switch you used to have on the back of your TV with the two screws going into the antenna wires.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ibrahim Uddin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hey John I vaguely remember playing on a console, I think it was a console with the controller having two big buttons a + b, lol is that what you are taking about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they are talking about the R/F Switch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm anxious to learn more. I really like the tablet controller for the Wii U so I'm excited for something that has more range. I've spent more time playing classic games on the Wii U tablet than I have on the TV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ibrahim Uddin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
frumpish wrote:

I think I still have one as I have my nintendo packed up in my basement.

The R/F Switch slots onto the back of the N64 and enables you to plug in a wire that connects the console to the TV through the aerial socket?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup.

In this case that is the switchbox for the NES. But I think Nintendo didn't change it much over the years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jbrecken wrote:
I was hoping this thread was about the old A/B switch you used to have on the back of your TV with the two screws going into the antenna wires.

frumpish wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Harpring
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's a report floating around today that the screen will be a 6 inch, multi-touch, touchscreen.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-27-nintendo-switch...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.