Riley Russell
Canada
Clive
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
If I finish Rise of the Runelords, can I carry my party over to say Skull and Shackles?

I'm assuming the answer is no as my team would be overpowered and not really make any progression stat wise as they'd probably be maxed out. Just wanted to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, no.

There is a Paizo blog post discussing how to do something like that with Wrath of the Righteous. It is essentially taking your finished characters and jumping into into Wrath of the Righteous at adventure 4 with out the Mythic Path cards.

But in general, you start a new character when you start a new adventure path. I know you might love the character you have now, but you'll also have a chance to love another character just as much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question in a similar vein....Can the base classes of a core set (not the end of the campaign ones) be mix and matched? I.e. could I run rise of the runelords with 2 character "sheets" from skulls and shackles? Just got this game today, played through a little bit and loved it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The characters are compatible. There might be some characters that aren't as great outside of their "home" adventure path (the Swashbuckler from Skull and Shackles has powers that interact with ships and there are no ships in Rise of the Runelords), but nothing "breaks" if you use a character from one set in a different set.

Do note that some of the terminology has changed over time. What Rise of the Runelords called "Before/After the encounter" became "Before/After you act" beginning in Skull and Shackles for example. You can download the rulebooks from the other sets on Paizo's site which explains some of the differences between sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick reply! I have the Skulls and shackles and the rulebook includes the same warning you gave as well as the "caution: new wording" sidebar. I just didn't know if, like you said, anything "broke". much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
There are many excellent resources for the game, including Hawkmoon's new player guide in the Rise of the Runelords File section.

My contributions are for the games' story and lore, frequently in a supporting role for BGG user Kittenhoarder. You might enjoy the Adventure (story) guides as you play through the games, along with some lore for the games' heroes and deities:

Rise of the Runelords Adventure Guide

Skull & Shackles Adventure Guide

Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Guide

PACG Hero Backstories

PACG Blessing Deck Deities

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ensign53 wrote:
I have a question in a similar vein....Can the base classes of a core set (not the end of the campaign ones) be mix and matched? I.e. could I run rise of the runelords with 2 character "sheets" from skulls and shackles? Just got this game today, played through a little bit and loved it!

If the character is completely out of his element (eg. a gunslinger in an adventure with no guns) grab the character's Class Deck. At the end of a scenario (or whenever you think it's appropriate, since the character may be at a disadvantage to others who will benefit from what they pick up during the scenario) you swap out (you could do this randomly or by choice) one card in your character's deck for a card from the Class Deck of equal rank (eg. a Basic card for a Basic card). Source: Organized Play rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.