Hide
11 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » General

Subject: GF9 Official Play Mat Homeworld Starting Locations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A R
msg tools
I already own a 36x36 Hotz Mat for use with Star Trek: Attack Wing and now it will pull double duty with Ascendancy.

Can anyone give me the coordinates for the purple, orange, and purple/orange nebula on the GF9 Official Play Mat?

I like the idea of a quick play setup (that may later be used in any sanctioned/official events) and want to use a similar setup on my Hotz Mat.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think it is out yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

A lot of the mats were sold at Gen Con, and I assume at all other gaming conventions since (Essen, etc). So hopefully someone will be able to provide the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up the mat at Gen Con.

For three players use the purple nebulas. For four players use the orange nebulas.

All measurements are approximate:

Color and x/y location:
Orange/Purple: 6"x10"
Purple: 30"x8.5"
Purple: 19.5"x30.5"
Orange: 25.5"x6"
Orange: 30"x26"
Orange: 10"x30"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the quick set-up rules for the playmat, I wonder if GF9 will issue another style that will be compatible with 5-6 players or more. I presume that the suggested 3x3 surface area can accommodate up to 4 players, but you'd have to expand your table space for 5 or more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tommygunn2011 wrote:
After reading the quick set-up rules for the playmat, I wonder if GF9 will issue another style that will be compatible with 5-6 players or more. I presume that the suggested 3x3 surface area can accommodate up to 4 players, but you'd have to expand your table space for 5 or more.

i hope so but im not holding my breath, it may be cost prohibitive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A R
msg tools
Todd...thanks for the coordinates.

I agree that a new vinyl mat that has pre-marked homeworld locations would be nice--but likely not worth the profit margin to print.

If GF9 would give us starting coordinates (like Todd did), I would be thrilled. I've seen plenty of vinyl mats but so far, I have been more satisfied with my Hotz felt mat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tommygunn2011 wrote:

3X3 will be really cramped with more than 3 players. You'll want a bigger play-space.

3X3 = 9sqft = 3sqft per player

Assuming that is the ideal or at least desired player density, the play areas should be as follows:

4 player = 42"X42"
5 player = 46"X46"
6 player = 51"X51"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lehnen
United States
Bethalto
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How are the felt mats compared to vinyl or neoprene?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Brasher
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
Star Realms online? Challenge me, RillsAlThor is my handle
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be worth cross referencing the info on this thread with this page. Just for prosperity

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Horvat
Croatia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
tommygunn2011 wrote:

3X3 will be really cramped with more than 3 players. You'll want a bigger play-space.

3X3 = 9sqft = 3sqft per player

Assuming that is the ideal or at least desired player density, the play areas should be as follows:

4 player = 42"X42"
5 player = 46"X46"
6 player = 51"X51"

and if you want to play on circural board it should have diameter of

3 player = 41"
4 player = 47"
5 player = 52"
6 player = 55"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.