Subject: Tigress scenario - stern question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stanislav Sidorov
Russia
Yekaterinburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the sterns of the ships treated as the 2nd floor (so there's an elevation)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Acido wrote:
Does the sterns of the ships treated as the 2nd floor (so there's an elevation)?

The scenario doesn't mention any special movement requirements for accessing/leaving the bow or aft, so i think it's fair to assume that they can be accessed without a ladder, so no elevation difference. If there were a difference which affected movement or combat (ranged combat, in this case), the scenario would mention it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanislav Sidorov
Russia
Yekaterinburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In this case Skuthus is dead in first 10 seconds of the game - Shevatas throws his knives with 4 orange dice + 1 yellow die. Skuthus has only 1 armor & 3 health.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
By Crom !
mbmbmbmbmb
Overlord can always spend gems to guard Skuthus + re-rolls. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Talionis
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skuthus has a magic shield (+1 armor)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Acido wrote:
In this case Skuthus is dead in first 10 seconds of the game - Shevatas throws his knives with 4 orange dice + 1 yellow die. Skuthus has only 1 armor & 3 health.

i tried that. i even tried handing Bêlit's spear to Shevatas so that he could throw it (it's a better weapon). To kill Skuthus in the first turn Shevatas has to roll perfectly and the Overlord has to fail a lot of dodging rolls (don't forget the extra armor from Set's Halo). The chances of it working are near 0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
sgbeal wrote:
If there were a difference which affected movement or combat (ranged combat, in this case), the scenario would mention it.

I'm not sure I have as much confidence about this as you. Some scenarios do specify line of sight in the special rules (e.g. The Heart of Darkness), but others with level changes do not (e.g. The Wrath of Anu). The artwork on the map is used a lot for LOS bits, so possibly the same for elevation. I specifically asked about elevation on this map on the Monolith website under this scenario, but my comment is awaiting moderation and is currently unanswered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.