Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you blocked by the meeples that haven't entered the game yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:

That's a good question. Was this a situation where you could not just turn something vertically to fit the rest of the items in somehow? I can envision that happening (even if infrequently), so it would be good to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
I would very much assume so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules it says "every tile you place on the banquet table must cover at least one of the squares below the table and fit in the allowed space - it cannot overhang.

It also says "this phase focuses on the spaces of the banquet table track with NO vikings"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
malibu_babe_28 wrote:
In the rules it says "every tile you place on the banquet table must cover at least one of the squares below the table and fit in the allowed space - it cannot overhang.

It also says "this phase focuses on the spaces of the banquet table track with NO vikings"

thumbsup I think the "it cannot overhang" part there pretty much covers that, good catch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Happymrdave wrote:
malibu_babe_28 wrote:

thumbsup I think the "it cannot overhang" part there pretty much covers that, good catch.

it would be more blocked than overhanging. Though I suppose this is referring to things hanging over the left side.

I assume that flipped boats in this area also block you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would think "the allowed space" refers to columns unblocked by ships and meeples. Frank will probably be along to formally rule though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Heeren
Germany
Eppstein-Bremthal
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:

Yes, you are blocked. So are you by ships you have emigrated with. But you may intentionally place a food tile vertically, if that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Avery
Canada
Kamloops
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nan3000 wrote:
mfl134 wrote:

Yes, you are blocked. So are you by ships you have emigrated with. But you may intentionally place a food tile vertically, if that helps.

This came up today while playing. I believe the rulebook implies that this is allowed, but does not state it. It says that players may place them vertically - making no mention of vertical. One or two sentences later it mentions in passing that a player might place multiple tile vertically, implying it is allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Heeren
Germany
Eppstein-Bremthal
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
familygaming wrote:
nan3000 wrote:
mfl134 wrote:

This came up today while playing. I believe the rulebook implies that this is allowed, but does not state it. It says that players may place them vertically - making no mention of vertical. One or two sentences later it mentions in passing that a player might place multiple tile vertically, implying it is allowed.

Placing food tiles vertically is a must when it's the second tile of the same kind. E.g the second fish on the banquet table must be placed vertically. But you may place the first one vertically as well if that helps you (e.g to avoid filling a single space with a silver)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.