Subject: Change in order on Record of Sins during Choose character phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernd x
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I face following situation during phase 2 (Choosing characters):
After revealing bids purple has highest bid and yellow and black are tied.
Currently yellow is closer to Hell, so yellow is second and black is third.

Purple chooses the Pope and immediately carries out the preliminary action: Move one Pope stone from one Den of Sin to another. Now there are 3 Pope stones on one Den of Sin and again this is carried out immediately.
Afterwards black is closer to Hell than yellow.

Question: Does this change the order to choose a character, i.e. is now black second to choose a character although he was third at the beginning of this phase?

I would guess the order is determined at the beginning of the phase right after revealing the bids and this order stays no matter what happens during character selection. But that´s just my interpretation, not sure whether this is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave evans
United Kingdom
iPSWICH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.

The rules definitely describe the Pope taking his preliminary action before the next player chooses his character - and then describes what happens in the event of a tie.

So I would say the order does change.

So we could do with a designer or play tester to clarify I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Richtberg
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the order does change! :devil:

Cheers, Oliver from Zoch :laugh:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd x
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, thanks for clarification - it´s always great to get official feedback from publisher. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.