United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy..."
badge
"For the listener, who listens in the snow, and, nothing himself, beholds nothing that is not there and the nothing that is." -- Wallace Stevens
mbmbmbmbmb
These rules are driving me nuts! I finally figured out that battalion units are the ones with the little squares on them. I had to check an AAR on the web to figure that one out. But that still leaves me with a few basic questions:

Under rule 13.4, "[s]ubtract two from the MA die roll for units arriving at hexes A, C, and D, but with a minimum MA of 1." Nowhere in the QuickPlay rules are MA die rolls mentioned. There is a reference to MA die rolls in the Standard rules, but I'm not sure how it applies to the units in this game. Does anyone know how to handle the movement restrictions described?

Under the fog rules, do you roll a die for each unit even if they are moving in a stack?

The combat rules are generally clear except for some funny wording. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but rule 7.3 states: "An attacking unit may but is not required to attack into any adjacent hex into which it could move during normal movement" (emphasis added). Does the emphasized phrase mean you have to save enough movement points to enter the target hex? Or can you always attack if you are adjacent to an enemy unit, regardless of how many MPs you used during the movement phase, so long as you could hypothetically enter the target hex?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Wright
United States
El Dorado
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The combat rules are generally clear except for some funny wording. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but rule 7.3 states: "An attacking unit may but is not required to attack into any adjacent hex into which it could move during normal movement" (emphasis added). Does the emphasized phrase mean you have to save enough movement points to enter the target hex? Or can you always attack if you are adjacent to an enemy unit, regardless of how many MPs you used during the movement phase, so long as you could hypothetically enter the target hex?

I think this just means you can only attack into hexes that aren't prohibited to movement. The only example I can think of would be a river that could only be crossed at a bridge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koppang
United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy..."
badge
"For the listener, who listens in the snow, and, nothing himself, beholds nothing that is not there and the nothing that is." -- Wallace Stevens
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect. Thank you. That lines up with my expectations, but as I said, I started overthinking and second-guessing myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.