Subject: taking a looong time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
glad I didn't back the game..its running well behind even for a KS project!!....
word is its not shipping until first quarter next year now!!..
plus the problems the game is having seems to poor manufacturers...hope it all goes well for you backers though!..just glad I decided not to back a game that's taking so long

keep my money in my bank account..and buy it at retail
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well it's a big game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
Ehh interest rates suck anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Backstabbing AND Cube Pushing
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll show up sometime. Whatevs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
it's like an accident that we keep on knitting
badge
and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting
mbmbmbmbmb
People look at the expected release date on kickstarters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
No problem for me either - better to have a finished product (and what game this one has become!). Kudos to Isaac for telling it like it is and being straight-forward - he's just as keen to get it right as we are to get a good game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Allen
United States
White Settlement
Texas
flag msg tools
www.bobweekend.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at my personal KS list, Original Estimate was May.
If we get this in January, that is 8 months delay. Progress is being made, and folks are being kept up to date.
Serpent's Tongue was 18 months delayed (July 2012 -> Dec 2013) and it turned out to be an amazing game.

Sample of other things I am waiting on...

Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove
$15.00 LOVELY DUFUS - A heartfelt "Thank You" in the credits -…

Estimated delivery Nov 2015

Orcs Must Die! The Boardgame
$205.00 HERO - $150. Orcs Must Die! The Boardgame: Order Edition,…

Estimated delivery Feb 2016

The Dwarves of Demrel
$85.00 Limited Edition "Demrel Mines" Glass Mug + 2 pins + 2 sig…

Estimated delivery May 2016

Japanese: The Game - Tokyo Edition! A Language Learning Game
$80.00 Samurai - You get the Tokyo Edition Core Deck and ALL new…

Estimated delivery May 2015

Mage's Initiation - A Classic Sierra-style Adventure/RPG
$100.00 Elementalist: Your very own boxed Collector's Edition tha…

Estimated delivery Feb 2014

Funding the Dream on Kickstarter Across America
$500.01 A all access pass to the Funding the Dream YouTube conten…

Estimated delivery Dec 2012

Wooden Promises - An Adventure Module for Pathfinder and CoZ
$60.00 Pathfinder: Voices in my Head Edition! You get a pdf and …

Estimated delivery Feb 2013
Publish the +5 Food Of Eating cookbook
$100.00 Level Nine: You find magical armor that gives you a +1 to…

Estimated delivery Sep 2012

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
tilde72 wrote:
No problem for me either - better to have a finished product (and what game this one has become!). Kudos to Isaac for telling it like it is and being straight-forward - he's just as keen to get it right as we are to get a good game!

Word. Kickstarters are late. Often without communication. Not everyone can be Jamey Stegmeier and the Miracle Crew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mira Barbian
Germany
flag msg tools
Oh no!! =(
I certainly do not regret backing this project as I´m really sure that for me it will be one of the greatest board games ever designed so far. It´s never good to read about delays but this board game seems to REALLY be worth the wait. I will be so happy when it finally arrives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really?

I'm not bothered by the delay at all. Have you seen the size of the box? Have you seen the amount of components? And all of the Legacy content? I never expected the game any sooner than 2017 tbh.

Retail price of the game appears to be $120 btw...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aron craig
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shit happens, we all know it.. there's a reason most companies don't announce dates until the products are already on the boat. Isaac has been very communicative and always up-front about the status. Very few KS backers, in my experience, are all *that* worried about delays in general... it's when the creator just drops off the face of the planet for months at a time or outright lies about the status, etc. Then beyond that I'm getting a copy at $64 shipped.. retail is looking to be 100ish even after discounts.

Not really sweatin' it, I must say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great communication just makes the wait not seem so long.
Besides with essen just over and a bunch of games coming out I got plenty to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emodiu5 wrote:
People look at the expected release date on kickstarters?

qft

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Delay in this one doesn't faze me as Isaac is doing a great communicating what all is happening...contrast that to the DrawLabs/Artipia shipping fiasco with Project Elite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
glad I didn't back the game..its running well behind even for a KS project!!....
plus the problems the game is having seems to poor manufacturers...hope it all goes well for you backers though!..just glad I decided not to back a game that's taking so long

keep my money in my bank account..and buy it at retail

Did you see the game in Essen? If you had, you'd preorder right away. Believe me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foldedcard
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
With this particular game I knew going in that it was going to be at least six months late and backed it anyway. There was simply no way he was going to get all of the scenario content done on his original timeline. Add in a few manufacturing issues and here we are. Not a big deal at all to me. The jury is out on whether the game tells a compelling story and I look forward to finding that out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivor Bolakov
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
.its running well behind even for a KS project!!....

LOL. No. Some KS projects are delayed by years. A few months is nothing.

Quote:

Word on the street, is it.

Quote:
just glad I decided not to back a game that's taking so long

Yes. The best games are quickly made and delivered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
..Why come here and rub it in our faces..?

Uhh.. yeah, dude. We backed the game on kickstarter. It's because we believe in it. But this is probably not the same crowd that backs the ones that you do. Because we didn't care about exclusives, we just want a great game.

So any amount of time it takes, to get that great game, the most of us are willing to deal with.

And yes, you'll be able to buy it when it hits retail, with no sweat off your back. You're welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Pickel

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He also seems to be frustrated with the delays and working hard to make sure that we have a massive, finished game with quality components. I was late to the party and didn't back the Kickstarter, but I didn't hesitate to pre-order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
Delay in this one doesn't faze me as Isaac is doing a great communicating what all is happening...contrast that to the DrawLabs/Artipia shipping fiasco with Project Elite.

+1. I'm also backing Masmorra. CMON hasn't updated the project since mid-August and it was originally scheduled to ship next month. THAT'S a shitty way to run a Kickstarter.

This game is looking like everything I hoped it would be and I'm very happy with my decision to back it. Isaac is a perfect example of how a small publisher should handle a large Kickstarter and the bumps incurred with such a project. As another good example, take a look at the Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game campaign. Tristan is handling that delay exceptionally well and there hasn't been a single dissenting voice in the whole campaign.

ookami86 wrote:
He also seems to be frustrated with the delays and working hard to make sure that we have a massive, finished game with quality components.

Amen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hebart-Coleman
Ivory Coast
Abidjan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm another who didn't back at kickstarter, but preordered as soon as I could. I'd have loved it for Xmas, but I have no regrets.Good information has been forthcoming as well.

Less happy with the Nemo's War campaign. Not so much the delay, although I seem to recall they didn't want to go to kickstarter until the art was mostly done, but more the late update that thing changed and their would be a delay. But instead of frontfooting it,the delay seemed to come out of the blue after months of happy sounding updates from VPG. I have more of a problem with that approach which feels a little deceitful -although I don't think it was deliberate.

My only problem with Isaac's updates is I hate bolded or underlined sentences in text. Grrrr, but that is a different axe....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad this KS seems to have avoided attracting the impatient type. Its got one of the few comments sections that aren't a chore to read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
jomurph86 wrote:
I'm glad this KS seems to have avoided attracting the impatient type. Its got one of the few comments sections that aren't a chore to read.

Absolutely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never pay attention to delivery dates on Kickstarters I back. It comes when it comes. Kickstarter is nor a pre-order - you're fronting money to allow someone to make a game you want. It's much more important that the game is done well, play-tested well, and fabricated with high quality.
As an extreme example - Kingdom Death: Monster was 2 years late, and it's awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a useless post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.