Explorers of the North Sea» Forums » General

Subject: How's the Solo Mode? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is it engaging, replayable, solid on it's own?
worth buying Just for the Solo Mode?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernst Juergen Ridder
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the solo mode you first have to play a game; try to get a good score. In following games you have to beat your own highscore. If your previous score was a good one, that's a hard task. My results up to now: 59, 59, 46. So I lost both of the following games. I don't know, if "59" is a good score in solo play, but it seems hard to beat for me. Imo the solo mode is "engaging, replayable and solid". And: it doesn't need too much time.

In a solo game you have 16 turns with 4 actions each. In a two player game you have 24 turns with 4 actions each. In more turns you may generate more points (our results up to now are 92:90).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Malte
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I Think 59 is a very good score. Most time, my score was under 50. And YES, I like the solo game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo mode feels a lot like a puzzle.
Not sure I would call it engaging, but it can be fun to take out once in a while and try to "solve".
My current high score is 90 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
heyyouyeahyou 12
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've really enjoyed solo play as well. It's really easy to complete 2 or games in one sitting. My last 2 games solo were 60 and 78, both my highest scores in solo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had fun in my first solo attempt... clearly I suck hehe.... scored only 24 (I moved all my folks onto one island at the end forgetting I would lose control of my other islands.
Fun and quick

Luckily I should be victorious next game (beating that score).

Edit - okay... smarter play, scored 79 (and should have been 83 except for a second to last turn flub).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.