Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Evans
United States
Rossville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought about this the other day. The board for this game is great, but the double board is a tad cumbersome. It doesn't take much to get them even slightly misaligned.

This game is ripe for a roll out playmat. With all the custom ones put there, I figured someone would have had one made or a good image that can be used for custom sites available. Yet, I find nothing.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
The Death Playmat plans were placed within a droid. It was last seen on Tatooine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Ross
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am sending Darth Vader to Tatooine with three stormtroopers on the deathstar with a star destroyer as backup. I will capture someone to interrogate or blow the whole damned planet up! Oh...and now it's subjugated...can I have a subjugation token please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The Death Stars and DSUC are pretty top heavy. I wonder how well they would handle the non-rigidity of a playmat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Primus0788 wrote:
I am sending Darth Vader to Tatooine with three stormtroopers on the deathstar with a star destroyer as backup. I will capture someone to interrogate or blow the whole damned planet up! Oh...and now it's subjugated...can I have a subjugation token please?

You can't subjugate a remote planet.

No token needed.

I feel like a playmat is a great idea for games where the rest of the components don't fill the box completely.
For Rebellion, between the component storage boxes I have put together and the card boxes, the game-box is almost full and can just fit the original board.

But if you have experience printing out playmates, can you please tell me where you can do it cheaply?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
jooice wrote:

But if you have experience printing out playmates, can you please tell me where you can do it cheaply?

It won't be cheap. Many Bothans must die to bring you your playmat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
jooice wrote:

The giant neoprene mat for Mare Nostrum is a hundo... as a way or reference...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hodges
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think it is a genius idea!! Now I have to have one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Ross
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ChromiumAgeCollector wrote:
KoalaXav wrote:
jooice wrote:

The firefly one is only like 30...the vera is 80.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Primus0788 wrote:
KoalaXav wrote:
jooice wrote:

Firefly is a vinyl mat, so not apples to apples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
Primus0788 wrote:

You can't subjugate a remote planet.

No token needed.

I feel like a playmat is a great idea for games where the rest of the components don't fill the box completely.
For Rebellion, between the component storage boxes I have put together and the card boxes, the game-box is almost full and can just fit the original board.

Printed playmates should be readily available...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
Game group needed...
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
jooice wrote:

Ah yes, Hundo Calrissian, Lando's lesser known half brother. It's a shame that he doesn't get air time in the movies.

Here's hoping that changes in the sequels!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty
United States
California
flag msg tools
I used pixartprinting.com to print out vinyl maps for Imperial Assault Skirmish. The maps turned out nice and I will do it again in the future as more maps are released.

The only thing we would need to get this little project done is a high res scan of the game board. I don't have the equipment for such a large map. If the scan was of high enough quality, I'd even print it out larger (I did that with a RISK board once, it was amazing). There's so much going on in this game, I think spreading it out over a larger play area would help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Ross
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Primus0788 wrote:
KoalaXav wrote:
jooice wrote:

Firefly is a vinyl mat, so not apples to apples.

Is it? I thought it was neoprene. My bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Evans
United States
Rossville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the_stag wrote:
I used pixartprinting.com to print out vinyl maps for Imperial Assault Skirmish. The maps turned out nice and I will do it again in the future as more maps are released.

The only thing we would need to get this little project done is a high res scan of the game board. I don't have the equipment for such a large map. If the scan was of high enough quality, I'd even print it out larger (I did that with a RISK board once, it was amazing). There's so much going on in this game, I think spreading it out over a larger play area would help.

That is actually why I started this thread. I was thinking how much a playmat would work over the current board configuration. So I went to the files to see if someone might have made a good scan of the board. Then I started digging online. All images of the board I found are at odd angles and not super high resolution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.