Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Williams
United Kingdom
Penkridge
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick question that came up during our first play through of mission one. The bomb was located in the space behind my mech and my next move was an omnistomp level 2. If I chose to move sideways could I still tow the bomb and if so where would it end up - still behind me or to the side in the space I just left?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feet_of_Clay
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I believe yes you can tow. And the bomb will move to space you just left
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Williams
United Kingdom
Penkridge
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is certainly the logical answer and was how we played it but the rules state that the towed object should be in the space behind the mech which is not the same in this situation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the rules quote from the rulebook (as the Mission does not cover this):
MvM Rules - Tow wrote:
The towed object is towed into the space the towing Mech
just left, and the towed object retains its original facing.

So yeah, it's where you just left.

And if the Omnistomp moved you onto an Oil Slick, the towed mech would end up in the oil on the space you ended up leaving last while sliding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Williams
United Kingdom
Penkridge
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent thanks for helping out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
doclj86 wrote:
I believe yes you can tow. And the bomb will move to space you just left

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeke Leventhal-Arnold
msg tools
Our instructions from mission n one say "the towed mech is towed into the space directly behind the towing mech and maintains its facing". I would read that as sideways towing. I'm not disagreeing with your interpretation but rather what the rules actually say. Is towing defined in differently in more than place in the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZLA1 wrote:
Our instructions from mission n one say "the towed mech is towed into the space directly behind the towing mech and maintains its facing". I would read that as sideways towing. I'm not disagreeing with your interpretation but rather what the rules actually say. Is towing defined in differently in more than place in the rules?

The faulty description has been noted before and will likely be fixed in a future printing. The devs have let us know a few times that the wording from the rulebook is the proper method, not the wording from the mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeke Leventhal-Arnold
msg tools
Thank you for the clarification. Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.