Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Nudd
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just prepping for a first game and just want to be sure that I am reading the rules correctly.

The rules say that the chapter ends if all 12 actions are completed, and it also says that the Investigation Leader calls out all 12 actions in a single Story Phase.

Therefore I should infer that only 1 full game turn is played per chapter - and so the introductory scenario The Letter is supposed to be played entirely in a single game turn? (i.e. 1 Planning phase and 1 Story phase, followed hopefully by the end game?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the term "game turn" is ever used. A typical game follows this pattern:

Chapter 1:
Planning phase (timed)
Story phase (all characters take first programmed action, then resolve any cards encountered; all characters take second programmed action, resolve any cards encountered; Continue until all actions have been taken and resolved)
End of Chapter cleanup

Chapter 2:
Planning phase (timed)
Story phase (all characters take first programmed action, then resolve any cards encountered; all characters take second programmed action, resolve any cards encountered; Continue until all actions have been taken and resolved)
End of Chapter cleanup

End game Challenges: (once you withdraw, you are out until the Final Showdown)
Commit or withdraw, those committed encounter challenge one
Commit or withdraw, those committed encounter challenge two
Commit or withdraw, those committed encounter challenge three

Final Showdown:
One character at a time, roll dice earned in the Challenges
Add all the team's dice together to determine success or failure of the story

*Note: "The Letter" only has one chapter, so the "Chapter 2" steps are all skipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Cordovan
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mikelosaurus wrote:
Therefore I should infer that only 1 full game turn is played per chapter - and so the introductory scenario The Letter is supposed to be played entirely in a single game turn?

yes. that's how we read the rules as well.

In these 24 hours (12 actions) you have to investigate all 1. chapter plot cards.
Planning phase: so flip as many as needed to find them all. turn more if you want to. and plan your actions. Story phase: let the action happen.
then - Endgame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.