Bekil
Germany
Erding
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With how the Otherworld Expansions are working out, minecard backers and Addon buyers have to invest extra money to complete their pledges to get the retail version.


So what is missing till now:

Flesh Stalker and Flesh Drones: I heard it was 15$ extras

Trederra Deluxe OtherWorld Expansion: Minecard backers have to buy the Mutants extra. could be another 15$.

Blast World Deluxe OtherWorld Expansion: Here it get´s kind of hard. You have to get Wasteland Heavies/Warlord, Sand Crabs, and tribal Ghost Warriors. To soon to tell best around 30$ worst 45$.

The Delric ship didn´t look like it got extras that will cost extra.

Did i forget something at are you thinking there will be any more paid extras to get the retail versions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
I got minecart so I didn't have to think of this shit.
Very poor planning.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked my invoice, and it turns out I already ordered and paid for the Trederran Mutants and the Tribal Ghost Warriors, so Flesh Drones and some extra enemies for the Blasted Wastes for me... I can live with that.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Already paid +$500 for minecart + wave 1.5 shipping, not as bothered by the extra cost, but more bothered by the timing. It won't be til next year before we get the rest of everything, meanwhile ForFor Kickstarter will be starting up here in about a week+. I'll likely back just because, but I'll think long and hard before going for add-ons since it might be quicker to just wait for retail (though maybe pricier).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paddirn wrote:
Already paid +$500 for minecart + wave 1.5 shipping, not as bothered by the extra cost, but more bothered by the timing. It won't be til next year before we get the rest of everything, meanwhile ForFor Kickstarter will be starting up here in about a week+. I'll likely back just because, but I'll think long and hard before going for add-ons since it might be quicker to just wait for retail (though maybe pricier).


I piggybacked outlaw and it is definitely more pricey to pick the expansions all up at retail. The more I think about it I may just not pick up any addons in this upcoming campaign.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One should think about not backing it at all...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimyo. 'Nough said.

But imma say more.
This won't be as great of a value as the first one. But the Shogun pledge will still be 600-700 worth of stuff for 300.
Well worth it. It's pretty clear that they learned their lesson from the first ks.
This is gonna hit 2 million easy. The only person who suffers from you not backing, is you. You'll have to pay twice as much for the content and deal with the slow rolling out of content. Instead of getting it all in one awesome box in 18 months.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooperton wrote:
Daimyo. 'Nough said.

But imma say more.
This won't be as great of a value as the first one. But the Shogun pledge will still be 600-700 worth of stuff for 300.
Well worth it. It's pretty clear that they learned their lesson from the first ks.
This is gonna hit 2 million easy. The only person who suffers from you not backing, is you. You'll have to pay twice as much for the content and deal with the slow rolling out of content. Instead of getting it all in one awesome box in 18 months.

Really?

At the moment, the Shogun pledge is worth about $235 but costs $300. And I can pick up everything except the two KS Exclusive heroes at retail discount for about 2/3 that cost (as I did with Shadows of Brimstone).

So I could NOT back and pay less for the same content, and have it as soon as it comes out at retail instead of waiting and waiting (as Shadows of Brimstone backers still are).

The amount the Kickstarter makes is immaterial to the value the backer receives unless there is a lot more coming in stretch goals. And I've read both that there's not much coming and that there's a lot coming. Until it's unveiled and actually unlocked, it's all immaterial.

If FFP really learned their lesson from their first KS, they won't be offering twice the value of product any more. That's not a sustainable business model.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pierce
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am a little confused by the Trederran expansion mutants. According to the FFP webstore...

"This Deluxe OtherWorld Expansion includes a host of dangerous new Enemies to encounter, including: ... 6 Trederran Mutants - Soldiers who have succumbed to the corrupting radiation of the Dark Stone and are now little more than viciously mindless savages."

It only makes sense to ship the same shrinkwrapped expansion to backers that they have in the online store, right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how they'll do it,(It seems like a loot of work to open boxes and remove content) but if you didn't pay for them in the pledge manager, you aren't supposed to get them, but will get the option to buy in before final shipping.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jtspecial wrote:
I don't know how they'll do it,(It seems like a loot of work to open boxes and remove content) but if you didn't pay for them in the pledge manager, you aren't supposed to get them, but will get the option to buy in before final shipping.


With wave 1.5, half the stuff wasn't in boxes. Makes it easier to ship.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Prospect Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:
Cooperton wrote:
Daimyo. 'Nough said.

But imma say more.
This won't be as great of a value as the first one. But the Shogun pledge will still be 600-700 worth of stuff for 300.
Well worth it. It's pretty clear that they learned their lesson from the first ks.
This is gonna hit 2 million easy. The only person who suffers from you not backing, is you. You'll have to pay twice as much for the content and deal with the slow rolling out of content. Instead of getting it all in one awesome box in 18 months.

Really?

At the moment, the Shogun pledge is worth about $235 but costs $300. And I can pick up everything except the two KS Exclusive heroes at retail discount for about 2/3 that cost (as I did with Shadows of Brimstone).

So I could NOT back and pay less for the same content, and have it as soon as it comes out at retail instead of waiting and waiting (as Shadows of Brimstone backers still are).

The amount the Kickstarter makes is immaterial to the value the backer receives unless there is a lot more coming in stretch goals. And I've read both that there's not much coming and that there's a lot coming. Until it's unveiled and actually unlocked, it's all immaterial.

If FFP really learned their lesson from their first KS, they won't be offering twice the value of product any more. That's not a sustainable business model.


Base game - Retail $100 - Discount Retail $70
Expansion 1 - Retail $80 - Discount Retail $50-60
Sumo - No Retail - Ebay $50-150
Daimyo - No Retail - Ebay $75-150
Alt Genders (x10) - Retail (8x) $8 ($64) - No Discount Retail
Decks (3x current) - Retail (3x) $10 ($30) - No Discount Retail
Flesh Mites - Retail $20 - Discount Retail $15
Thunder Warriors - Retail $20 - Discount Retail $15
Akaname - Retail $20 - Discount Retail $15
Onmorake - Retail $20 - Discount Retail $15
Takobake - Retail $20 - Discount Retail $15
Jorogumo - Retail $30 - Discount Retail $20-25
Allies to 650k - Retail $30? - Discount Retail $20-25
Scourge Dead - Retail $20 - Discount Retail $15
Goryu - Retail $20 - Discount Retail $15
Red Ronin - Retail $15 - Discount Retail $10

Past Red Ronin
Decks (x2) - Retail (2x) $10 ($20) - No Discount Retail
Undead Daimyo - Retail $15 - Discount Retail $10
Ally - Likely added to Ally pack
Spectral Horde - Likely part of next Other World
Otherworld #2 - Retail $80 - Discount Retail $50-60

Total for Shogun value - Retail $489 (Without Exclusives) - Discount Retail $285 (Minus Exclusives, Cards and Alt genders)
Cards and Alt genders add +$94 ($379 at Discount retail)

Total for Sumo Value - Retail $192 (Without Exclusives) - Discount Retail - $92.50 (Minus Exclusives, Cards and Alt genders)
Cards and Alt Genders add +$62 ($154.50 at Discount retail)

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Total for Shogun Value to Forest ($800k) - Retail $604 (Without Exclusives) - Discount Retail $350 (Minus Exclusives, Cards and Alt genders)
Cards and Alt genders add +$114 ($464 at Discount retail)

Total for Sumo Value to Forest ($800k) - Retail $212 (Without Exclusives) - Discount Retail - $92.50 (Minus Exclusives, Cards and Alt genders)
Cards and Alt Genders add +$82 ($174.50 at Discount retail)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pierce
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems like a pretty thorough and accurate valuation, off topic for the original post though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Prospect Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mantra6 wrote:
This seems like a pretty thorough and accurate valuation, off topic for the original post though.


I agree - but was trying to derail the value conversation being had...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.