Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Hellsten
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state clearly what to do if the Hostile cup is empty but I can't find anything about the friendly and unfriendly ones.

I presume you just skip the adjustment.

By the end of turn 3 in my first game both cups were empty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
RAVENBURG wrote:
The rules state clearly what to do if the Hostile cup is empty but I can't find anything about the friendly and unfriendly ones.

You would just skip the adjustment.

Emptying the friendly cup is fairly common, but not the unfriendly. At the end of that third turn, into which cup(s) did the dead pool units go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hellsten
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:
RAVENBURG wrote:

You would just skip the adjustment.

Emptying the friendly cup is fairly common, but not the unfriendly. At the end of that third turn, into which cup(s) did the dead pool units go?

To the unfriendly cup, but there just weren't that many removed that turn, and the 4 Unfriendly - Hostile end of tun adjustment emptied the cup before the next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
RAVENBURG wrote:
tomrussell wrote:

To the unfriendly cup, but there just weren't that many removed that turn, and the 4 Unfriendly - Hostile end of tun adjustment emptied the cup before the next turn.

It sounds like you did a fair number of Suppression and Battle actions, and not a whole lot of Peacekeeping/Garrison. If you lean too heavily in that direction too early, it's going to be pretty difficult to course-correct, as the populace is just too agitated to be won over/calmed down. What was the end result of that game-- did you win or lose, and if you lost, when?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hellsten
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:
RAVENBURG wrote:
tomrussell wrote:

It sounds like you did a fair number of Suppression and Battle actions, and not a whole lot of Peacekeeping/Garrison. If you lean too heavily in that direction too early, it's going to be pretty difficult to course-correct, as the populace is just too agitated to be won over/calmed down. What was the end result of that game-- did you win or lose, and if you lost, when?

2 Legions were wiped out during turn 4. The green leader appeared on a 4 resistance tribe adjacent to 2 legions. I thought I'd never get a better chance than this to take out a leader. Unfortunately all 13 battle units were deployed. Not that it mattered much as my entire front line was killed in the first defensive round, including 2 level 3 Roman units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
RAVENBURG wrote:
tomrussell wrote:
RAVENBURG wrote:
tomrussell wrote:

2 Legions were wiped out during turn 4. The green leader appeared on a 4 resistance tribe adjacent to 2 legions. I thought I'd never get a better chance than this to take out a leader. Unfortunately all 13 battle units were deployed. Not that it mattered much as my entire front line was killed in the first defensive round, including 2 level 3 Roman units.

Oof, that's tough. That would have been a Votadini, and you rolled an "8" to get the 13 row (1+4+8) and a 9* result, right? I've been there-- sometimes I muscle through it, and sometimes I don't. I'm going to assume you had Agricola with the Legions so you could choose where they would be deployed so as to minimize losses, but sometimes there just isn't an ideal formation that lets you do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hellsten
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the leader was in the box, so Agricola doesn't do anything right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
RAVENBURG wrote:
Well, the leader was in the box, so Agricola doesn't do anything right?

Right. blush

Sorry, I answered after spending several hours laying out counters, so my brain wasn't necessarily cooperating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.