Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Naylor
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Unplayed copy just arrived. Unpunched but lacking a Goblin Star Player card, 30 team roster sheets and all 16 randomiser counters. As I dont know how to yet play this game...are these missing elements vital?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not st all. Roster sheets are easily found online, randomize counters are just chits, replace with a d16 (d20 works too. or d12) Star Player cards are nothing. Just put the info on star players on your team roster sheet.
Note, the team sheets for Orcs in the original printings were WRONG! Stats were ok but the explaination "help"sheets were a mess.

Just download living rulebook and ignore old stuff in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Naylor
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
ozjesting wrote:

Just download living rulebook and ignore old stuff in the box.

You cant say that! Ive only just bought it!
Its a 3rd ed with the nice blue handbook. Ive downloaded the CRP a week ago whilst looking into a purchase. But got a cheap copy of deathzone too as my son will enjoy that I believe.
Do you have a rules reference by any chance Tommy for the randomiser chits? I cant find mention of them (perhaps stupidly) but then its 3am here as I write.
And thank you for such prompt advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Leonard
United States
McAllen
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The randomizer chits were used when someone was hurt from a kickoff event, some special play cards (from Deathzone), and for assigning the MVP. As Ozjesting said, just roll a d12 or d20 (depending on if you have more than 12 on your roster or not) for that purpose. The CRP rules are the way to go, but the important part from the box set is the board, the dice, the templates, and the minis (to start with - lots of good ones online from third parties, including cheaper resin/plastic ones from Impact).

Congrats and have fun! The fluff text about the old teams and such isn't in the CRP, and makes reading the old rule books fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Naylor
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you Joseph.
This sure helps.
And yes,the sheer character of the game is a huge draw. Indeed such products encourage my son to read as he can then apply what hes learnt to game play.
And thanks for the tip on buying figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall, the blue book from the 2002 release is basically the LRB4. I believe they're up to Living RuleBook 6 now?

We still use the 3rd edition rules. Either way, enjoy. It's pretty much my favorite games ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Naylor
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you Kevin.
Im pretty sure to stick with the book to begin with... especially as its the edition you mention. I managed to replace my copy at little further cost. So now we're complete and even have some incredibly well painted figures (2 or 3 unfinished).
A favourite? Therefore I think it will be a wicked Christmas present for an 11 year old lad (with his Dads help) who already has a taste for boardgames and Battle Ball being one of them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.