7 Wonders Duel: Pantheon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Neptune Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Neptune rules seem to contradict the FAQ. Can you use both of the military tokens on your side and cancel one of them and apply the other to your opponent? The example in the rules makes it seem like you have to use your opponent’s tokens if you want to apply the negative effect to him.

The FAQ says that you can though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MoviinTarget wrote:
The Neptune rules seem to contradict the FAQ. Can you use both of the military tokens on your side and cancel one of them and apply the other to your opponent? The example in the rules makes it seem like you have to use your opponent’s tokens if you want to apply the negative effect to him.

The FAQ says that you can though...

You remove the 2 tokens you want, discard one, and apply the other one to your opponent, never mind where were these tokens located on the board
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruno des Montagnes wrote:

You remove the 2 tokens you want, discard one, and apply the other one to your opponent, never mind where were these tokens located on the board

That's super cool! Can't wait for this expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Chipboard
Argentina
Cordoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, suppose all 4 tokens are still in the military board, the military pawn is right before the first (-2 coin) token of my opponent, and you activate Neptune.

Can I take MY (-2) and discard it (so my opponent can't use it against me) and take MY (-5) and have my opponent discard 5 coins?

And after that, if I move the pawn 1 space, my opponent must discard 2 more coins, and another 5 after that if a get that far?

That's like 12 coins lost on a couple of turns.

Is that OK?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
livingtool wrote:
So, suppose all 4 tokens are still in the military board, the military pawn is right before the first (-2 coin) token of my opponent, and you activate Neptune.

Can I take MY (-2) and discard it (so my opponent can't use it against me) and take MY (-5) and have my opponent discard 5 coins?

And after that, if I move the pawn 1 space, my opponent must discard 2 more coins, and another 5 after that if a get that far?

That's like 12 coins lost on a couple of turns.

Is that OK?

yes it is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihir Shah
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
what if my opponent does not have any coin left to discard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aigimig
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jalwaaa wrote:
what if my opponent does not have any coins left to discard?
they simply don't discard them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.