Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered the software for HexDraw. That was a month ago. I contacted the email and my email bounced off. I sent my email to the same address in lowercase letters. I heard nothing back.

Does anyone know what is going on with HexDraw or how I can get the software? I want to use it to finish a map for my Shiloh design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: HexDraw"bottomless attic pool!"
~"Silly Gittes, 'HEXES' are for "Amityville House"!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin halloran
United Kingdom
carnforth
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sean, don't know if this helps but there is a HexDraw users group on Consimworld. It has 138 members and if the group site doesn't help you could email a member perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw that but I am not on Consimworld. Last I recall it costs money. Still the case?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Doran
United States
Columbia
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gittes wrote:
I saw that but I am not on Consimworld. Last I recall it costs money. Still the case?

It was never the case. They do ask for donations, but you can get into Consimworld anytime you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
winheath wrote:
Sean, don't know if this helps but there is a HexDraw users group on Consimworld. It has 138 members and if the group site doesn't help you could email a member perhaps?

I am a member of this group and there is at least one other member who has the same problem with bouncing email since Aug 23.

No other news there...

I sent him a PM in the Hexdraw Consim group but his last connection was on Dec 30 2013...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all.

I did notice the same thing at the consimworld group. Problems with the email and a relatively quiet discussion group.

Anyway to get the software elsewhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The real question is : do you really want software from guys who can't be bothered to answer their email ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am willing to take the risk. If it works it will make crafting hex maps that much easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
The software works fine. We used it for our first few games for playtest art. Not advance by any means but in many ways that is a plus for a new user.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The software designer just contacted me. All is well. Thank you for the assist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gittes wrote:
The software designer just contacted me. All is well. Thank you for the assist.

Got a response to my PM too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Lewis
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And. . . does any one in this conversation have recommendations for an equivalent program (software) to create counters?

Thanks!

tml
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am right, I have the contact info to the developer and I sent him a link to this forum.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Opps I didn't see your post.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derm .
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Along a similar vein, is there a program that will plot just dots...as in, the vertices where the hexagons intersect? Or perhaps even just a little three-pointed star instead of the full hexes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.