Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A novice would feel amazed and overwhelmed by the sea of pieces. He tries to make rows, but his opponent cuts them easily. If they play the center, they get into seemingly pointless battles of attrition. Soon, he becomes convinced that the only way to make a row is to wall-hug.

An expert knows what to look at - the rings. It is the rings which control areas and pieces, and block the opponent's control of same. It is the rings which extent your pieces into rows, and cut or block your opponent's rows.

Create pieces which are under your control and not your opponent's; make rows in areas and lines where you have control; move your rings into position to control useful pieces; throw your opponent's rings out of position so that he loses control of the board. By learning to focus one's vision on the rings rather than the pieces, one can markedly improve his game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Alan,

I think you know me and my center-based playing style (I usually only use the edges of the board during the end game).
And I can absolutely confirm what you wrote.

Thanks,
Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Moore
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope
Rio Malaschitz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
will put Yinsh on Little Golem some day so we can explore these strategies further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
orangeblood wrote:
I hope
Rio Malaschitz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
will put Yinsh on Little Golem some day so we can explore these strategies further.

Yes! That would be great.

In the meantime I'm playing TZAAR at littlegolem.net, but I would prefer to play YINSH there.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Michael, while our play styles are apparently markedly different, they are in fact different implementations of the same principles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.