The Hotness
Games|People|Company
The Hotness has gone cold...
Lt Wolfowitz
msg tools
We have had this issue playing tonight.
On my turn I placed an agent at the Hall of Many Pillars which instructed me to play a sequence of the three Intrigue cards. What I did was:
1. I played some Intrigue that gives willing players a few rogues (black cubes) in exchange for the corruption tokens. Some of the players went for this option, and thus only 1 corruption token remained on the track
2. I gave one dude a mandatory quest
3. Now the problem kicked in. My third and the only remaining Intrigue card was the Corrupting Influence saying that I had to remove two corruption tokens from the track and place them on the board. Obviously there was no way I could do it legally since there was only one corruption token remaining.
The thing is, before I took the turn placing an agent at the Hall of Pillars was completely legit, but then it suddenly became illegal in the middle of the turn.
What should I do in this situation:
a. Cancel the whole turn (a/m points 1 and 2), take away the relevant pieces and put them back, and then place my agent on some other action space? or maybe miss/skip a turn?
b. Remove the only remaining corruption token and place it on board even though two are required?
c. Suffer a -10VP penalty for the lack of one corruption point (but then, per rules one does it if he is instructed to take the CP for himself, not to place it on board)

Please advise if you have encountered a similar situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Søndergaard
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hmmm a bad situation.

But the rules states that:

"If you are ever required to take a Corruption token and place it in your Tavern when there are no tokens left on the Corruption track, you immediately lose 10 VP for each token you could not take from the track."

So you would suffer a -10vp penalty and not be able to place the last skull.

You should have played the place 2 skulls first then played the rogue card - so you would be sure that you were able to place the skulls before giving the other players the option to take skulls also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
sonderbazz wrote:
Hmmm a bad situation.

But the rules states that:

"If you are ever required to take a Corruption token and place it in your Tavern when there are no tokens left on the Corruption track, you immediately lose 10 VP for each token you could not take from the track."

So you would suffer a -10vp penalty and not be able to place the last skull.

You should have played the place 2 skulls first then played the rogue card - so you would be sure that you were able to place the skulls before giving the other players the option to take skulls also.

But that part of the rules does not apply, since the corruption tokens are not to be placed in the players tavern, but instead directly on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you were using Hall of Many Pillars, it seems easy to unwind -- just change it so your Corrupting Influence was played first, and then let people unwind the corruption if they didn't want more/a 10 VP penalty.

It was all your turn, so the worst thing that happens is one or two people don't get black cubes for corruption. The rest would stay legit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.