Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Winvayren
United States
Victorville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my game super excited today and then when I opened it up a good chunk of the card board is peeling apart on the first of the punch boards. I was thinking that maybe the rule book or the insert about the expansions were sliding around and caused them to peel up or something but that seems like pretty poor quality to me. Did any one else have this issue or was it just me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
winvayren wrote:
I got my game super excited today and then when I opened it up a good chunk of the card board is peeling apart on the first of the punch boards. I was thinking that maybe the rule book or the insert about the expansions were sliding around and caused them to peel up or something but that seems like pretty poor quality to me. Did any one else have this issue or was it just me?

My copy was shipped twice and I was lucky enough to have just 1 token peeling up. It was fixed with super glue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winvayren
United States
Victorville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are what mine looked like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only had a couple of those and a little dab of glue cleared it right up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a bummer. Two of my warp tokens were peeling slightly, so a dab of Elmer's did the trick.

Stranger still, quite a few of my Advancement cards were solidly stuck together. I had to flex the pairs of cards to have them snap apart. Most came apart with minor blemishes, but two Klingon cards actually ripped the printing off each other. I'm still waiting to hear about replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zaccardi
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Greaaat, now I am going to stress waiting to see how my copy faired. shake

Thanks for the heads up guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k c
msg tools
mb
I also had to glue corners down on about 5 of the warp tokens.
I only had issues with those. The rest were ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Summers
msg tools
Yea, a bunch of my warp tokens were the same. Weird that it's always those, cos they're not the only token on that board. I wasnt that fussed as the last board game I bought before this was Rebellion and in comparison to those dreadful components, things are pretty good here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ferrier
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had 6 warp tokens and the tip of one orange token ripped like that. I had some rubber cement and put them back together but my guess knowing nothing of production it the factory ran them through the die cutter too soon before the glue set on the cardboard sheet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problems except for a few advancement cards a bit adhered to each other--separated with no damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About 6 of my warp tokens were peeling. I haven't tried to glue them yet.

I also had some fleet cards sticking together. For a minute I thought I was missing cards, but then I figured it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Had about a dozen warp tokens peeling on the top. Also one culture token. But Elmer's glue fixed them up applied with a toothpick. To be honest, that's not a great shape for chipboard since almost any will separate at that point. I had the exact same problem with Smash Monster Rampage! with their damage tokens and in the end coated the token edges completely with Elmer's to fix it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
United States
Santa Clarita
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had no issues with peeling or anything else mentioned here. Components are perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
Perry
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Had about 15 tokens that got stripped back. Could see that the sheet had gotten caught in the printing as there were streaks along the non-token parts running into where the tokens peeled.

Sent GF9 an email and they promptly sent out tokens. Fantastic Customer service. They said they had heard about this with other games, so not isolated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zaccardi
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Update on my copy: 4 warp tokens and 1 culture had the peeling issue. All are repairable so no biggie, but if anyone from Gale Force is watching this forum I hope they take the feedback to the printer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gale Force Nine LLC
United States
Earlysville
Virginia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll look into this. If you've been affected by this, please send an e-mail to customerservice@battlefront.co.nz so we can better gauge the extent of the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winvayren
United States
Victorville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the responses. I sent in my email to customer service. I had a couple of cards stuck together to but was able to get them apart with no damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
winvayren wrote:
Thanks for all the responses. I sent in my email to customer service. I had a couple of cards stuck together to but was able to get them apart with no damage.

I sent an e-mail to USSales@battlefront.co.nz, which I see was incorrect. It was sent on Sep 29th, so if that's at least a valid e-mail for part of GF9, I'm surprised it wasn't forwarded to the right people in the last 4 weeks. I'll forward it to customer service.

I had a few peeling warp tokens, which I easily fixed with glue. But my two damaged advancement cards need replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just got mine today and it looks like the counter sheets were stacked before the ink had completely dried. You can see the outlines of some of the counters on the sheet next to it in the stack. Nothing so noticeable on any of he counters to be an issue, but noticeable on the white areas of the sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Conner
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had the cards stuck together issue and around three or four of my Warp tokens were peeling. I sent an e-mail as requested above, but resolved my issue with a little glue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Halliburton
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
I just received my copy and there appears to have been an unfortunate incident where the Romulan player board got caught against the peeling warp tokens and tore them (with non-minor damage to itself, too). I repaired as many as I could, but seven of them aren't salvageable. It bums me out, although I've had great experiences with GF9 customer support in the past, so I'm not too worried...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Masters
England
flag msg tools
#!STRING_NOT_FOUND!#
badge
Son of Jor-El
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy yesterday and as well as there being a number of Warp tokens that have the edges lifted off I've also found a number of the system discs have small nicks around the edges which makes them easily identifiable when they're face down in the stack.

Emailed GF9, as they've requested. Awaiting response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sanderlin
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I did not have any damage to any of my components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winvayren
United States
Victorville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone gotten a response from submitting a ticket. I submitted a ticket on the 23rd and all I got was a generic response:

Thank you for your enquiry, which has been logged with a tracking number of Star Trek ascendancy.

One of our staff will contact you personally to help resolve the problem as soon as possible.

Please be sure that we have your postal address for any Product Quality Issues.

Regards
Customer Services Team
Battlefront Miniatures NZ Ltd
Phone:
NZ : +64 9-3039777 Fax : +64 9-379-5930
US : +1 410-287-1525 Fax : +1 410-287-2012
EU : +44 115-704-3250 Fax : +44 115-906-3069

No one has contacted me at all. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience. I even tried replying to their generic email and got no response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
others have said it may take 2 weeks to get a response

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.