Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandre Santos
Portugal
Évora
Évora
flag msg tools
Hi

I'm looking for a dungeon crawler game with good exploration totally cooperative. I want one that is good for 2 players, to play with my girlfriend. I want a game simple, not to complex, with good looking miniatures.

Can you give me some suggestions?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I don't know of a better one currently in print than Shadows of Brimstone. It's not much of a game, but its a great dungeon crawl. Its also a very deep rabbit hole to fall down. Simpler, but very charming and fun is Mice and Mystics. The D&D Adventure System is perhaps a middle ground between the two, but lacks depths at the campaign level. And then there is Myth, which has a small, but rabid fan base, but has the reputation for basically being incomplete in terms of being an actual game.

If you can wait a bit, the upcoming Sword and Sorcery is very promising; the next edition of Super Dungeon Explorer looks wonderful (doubly so if you cotton to its Chibi aesthetic); and Dungeon Crusade is shaping up to be either ground breaking, or a fiasco.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dungeons and Dragons Adventure System Board Games are what you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Mallon
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Not exactly what you're looking for, but Welcome to the Dungeon is a great, quick, love letter-weight, card-driven dungeon crawler.

Super easy to teach, plays in 15 minutes, lots of varying types of people enjoy it.

2 - 4 really well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Andresen
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Mice and Mystics may be just what you are looking for

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt A
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadows of Brimstone and Castle Ravenloft.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Smith
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
+ 1 to Glaucio recommendation for the dungeons and dragons adventure system board games.
These are a great place to start as you can learn the basics and move towards the other dungeon crawlers available.
I would only skip these for mice and mystics or super dungeon explore if you want cutesy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In Time
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
The Dungeons and Dragons Adventure System Board Games are what you are looking for.

I agree with him it's simple cooperative has some customization and takes an hour to play! Idk why but I HATED mice and Mystics and most of my family didn't care for it either,, but some people love that one?, it's simple to play as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JB
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My family loved Mice & Mystics and we played through the entire campaign.
I'd get the expansions but they are sooo expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Portugal
Évora
Évora
flag msg tools
Well I think I will look for Dungeons and Dragons Adventure System Board Games, but are the games to hard to beat with only 2 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asantos wrote:
Well I think I will look for Dungeons and Dragons Adventure System Board Games, but are the games to hard to beat with only 2 players?
Not at all! In fact I'm playing almost all of my solo games using two characters.

Note, that it's perfectly possible for a player to use multiple characters, e.g. you could both play two characters if you prefer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.