Subject: Passing and interception questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vicente Martínez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Greetings!

I have some more questions about the rules… I am posting them on separate post, so they are better to track. Again, sorry if my english is not very correct, as it is not my mother language.

reading the rules about the “passing”, I found other strange rules that break a little the inmersion on the game…

SHORT PASS.
The rules say: “The ball travels one line forward to their player with the lowest number”

Why forward? Can’t you pass the ball “backwards”? A common technique in football to gain time so your players can reorganize for a fast attack is passing the ball backwards…
And “their player with the lowest number”… I can’t understand this rule again. ¿can’t you choose which player to pass the ball to? Yo can have 3 potential friendly players on the line, and you can b interested in one of them to have the ball, because of its position, special skill, etc. Can’t the passing player choose its destination?

I think it is anti-thematic again.

LONG PASS -> SIDEWAY PASS
Also, can’t you pass the ball sideways? It is another way of “changing the game”, moving the ball from one side to another in the field. This sould be combined with my other question (the compulsory sideway pass), If you can only pass sideways to adjacent players, perhaps you are interested in a “sideway pass”, that is a long pass in the same line (there are opposing players in the middle) Could be interesting. In this way, every pass that is not adjacent is dangerous (as in the real football).

INTERCEPTIONS
Again there is a strange rule "The ball is intercepted by the defending player with the lowest number" What happens if the lowest number is in the opposite side of the receiving player?? How did the ball ended there??

Perhaps a much logical rule would be “the ball is intercepted by the defending player with the lowest number adjacent to the receiving player, in the same line. In case there is no adjacent defending player, then it is intercepted by the defending player adjacent to the ball trajectory”. I do not like the “lowest number” rule, but this way the defending player has not 100% control of the interception.

Regards,

Drawler
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please find my answer here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.