Popular Tags: [View All]
Vicente Martínez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Regards, I’m Drawler again.

Another question about the Scoring Opportunity:

– INTERCEPTIONS
As I can see… there can not be interceptions in Scoring Opportunities. How can this be? There are several momments with 5 defenders (and goalkeeper) and 3 attackers… but the ball moves freely though the penaly area and the defending player only has to wait and pray… unabe to steal the ball.

I think it is a bit unfair… imagine… you have a lone player in the first line, and three opposing defenders. You could use “dribbling” three times. You remain stationary (you can’t pass sideways as there is no friendly player in the same line) three turns… the defenders can’t do anything to steal the ball.

So, as a resume… the only way of ending a Scoring Opportunity is to Shoot on goal, no matter the number of passes, number of defenders, and number of turns inside the defender’s area. Only if you do a backward pass to the third line the scoring opportunity ends, but this is not very smart… you have a lot of freedom to find a good position to score.

I seems that passing in the defender’s area is much safer than in the center field… but when I see a footbal mathc, it’s the opposite!! most interceptions and failed happend in the “scoring opportunities”, due to the pressure the defenders do, the amount of defenders, that sometimes make impossible any passing without interceptions, and the stress of the situation… that makes an easy pass to fail miserably. In this case is the opposite. All long passes are successful, and the ball will never be lost.

Regards,

Drawler

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefanos Pallas
Greece
Trikala
flag msg tools
Achilles and Ajax playing a boardgame
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the answer to that would be to reposition with a defending move the attacking player holding the ball outside the scoring opportunity area, the 2 final lines.
This happened some times with me but it happened to have the right card picturing the right side. Of course, this doesn't happen when the attacker is in the final line and that sounds logical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please find my answer here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.