Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Sand Timer? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Kuch
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
How long is the sand timer supposed to be? It is called a "minuteglazs", but mine is really only about 42 seconds long. Is it just mine? Or is the minuteglass supposed to be less than a minute?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Maxcy
United States
Lexington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't timed mine personally, but I've seen others list 40 seconds for the timer so yours is probably just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
arcnarenth wrote:
I haven't timed mine personally, but I've seen others list 40 seconds for the timer so yours is probably just fine.

Yeah, there's a little joke in the Mechanics Manual about it. 40 seconds (give or take 3 seconds) is correct and what the game was balanced around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Kuch
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Sounds good! Thanks for the prompt responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Clayton
United States
Hanceville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Artrean wrote:
How long is the sand timer supposed to be? It is called a "minuteglazs", but mine is really only about 42 seconds long. Is it just mine? Or is the minuteglass supposed to be less than a minute?

Our timer has come up at 42 seconds every time we timed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Chiappa
United States
lincoln park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
cause....42: The answer to life, the universe and everything.

Sorry...i cant help myself...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
Mine's roughly 44.4 seconds and 43.8 seconds, depending on which way you flip it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We didn't playtest this in space, but I suspect that MvM evolves into a more 'thinking-man's game". Without gravity, the sand timer really becomes less of a constraint...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pratik Shrestha
United States
Auburn Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
Riot Kades wrote:
We didn't playtest this in space, but I suspect that MvM evolves into a more 'thinking-man's game". Without gravity, the sand timer really becomes less of a constraint...

MvM Space Expansion confirmed. Excellent, in time to compete with all the Mars games coming out. I wish you luck, Riot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Temby
United Kingdom
Evesham
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I thought mine was too quick!

Timed it to only 27 seconds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Curatesegg wrote:

It's supposed to be 40 s. So that sounds short enough to be considered defective, to me. Or at least 'hard mode'.

Can you put a bit more sand in it? Otherwise I'm sure they can get you a replacement (or just send some more sand!) once everything calms down on their end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Temby
United Kingdom
Evesham
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orion3T wrote:
Curatesegg wrote:

It's supposed to be 40 s. So that sounds short enough to be considered defective, to me. Or at least 'hard mode'.

Can you put a bit more sand in it? Otherwise I'm sure they can get you a replacement (or just send some more sand!) once everything calms down on their end.

I'm not going to worry about it, I can use something else now I know it should be around 40 seconds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Orion3T wrote:
[q="Curatesegg"]
I'm sure they can get you a replacement (or just send some more sand!) once everything calms down on their end.

Your call, David, but this is definitely a viable approach. We'll probably just send you a spoonful of sand and see if you can figure out how to get it into the glass yourself.

(Or we'll just send you a new one.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Orion3T wrote:
[q="Curatesegg"]
I'm sure they can get you a replacement (or just send some more sand!) once everything calms down on their end.

Your call, David, but this is definitely a viable approach. We'll probably just send you a spoonful of sand and see if you can figure out how to get it into the glass yourself.

(Or we'll just send you a new one.)

Thanks for the offer - but it wasn't mine that was timing wrong, it was James.

I won't get mine until shipment 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.