Subject: Does someone know why did they switch to American size? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neftali Silva
Spain
flag msg tools
Hi everybody,

There are the things I hate the most from games publishing:

1) When boxes the cards once sleeved don't fit in the box. Boxes which many times are clearly overproduced and full of air, but some genious decided the inner inserts should be so little as possible.

2) When for some unjustified reason they make the cards American or Euro Size.

I know many people -specially in america- don't sleevee. Great for them, but I don't know a single player who doesn't sleeve in europe. However let's cut to the second point.

I hate, hate so much when designers of games with such amazing illustrations as Cuop, decided they are good for standar size. I mean, why Jesus why?! MTG sleeves size is the most widely extended, cheap and available kind of sleeves you may find. You can buy them even in kioskos in my city! There are so good quality illustrations in Coup that I just cannot understand what drove them to this downgrade? Did they save money from there to invest it in the mostly innecesary box?

And then is why two size of cards for jesus sake? Was that really necessary? I couldn't even play the game when I got it cause I got no sleeves for it.

Why all this? Why to mess up stuff like that? WHY?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Gustafsson
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure I get some of your issues.

1) The cards can be sleeved and they still fit in the box. Box also has extra room for expansions.

2) the randomiser cards and role cards are different sizes so you can't accidentally shuffle them together. Randomiser are mtg size and the role cards are American board game size. I understand the card sizes could have been switched but I'm rather used to keeping American green, American mini yellow and mtg standard sleeves in stock for sleeving my games. Most games used the American sleeve size over euro so it doesn't bother me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lanfearious wrote:

2) the randomiser cards and role cards are different sizes so you can't accidentally shuffle them together. Randomiser are mtg size and the role cards are American board game size. I understand the card sizes could have been switched but I'm rather used to keeping American green, American mini yellow and mtg standard sleeves in stock for sleeving my games. Most games used the American sleeve size over euro so it doesn't bother me.

I think the OP's main point was why use American size for the role cards instead of MTG size, primarily for sleeving purposes. Most likely the American sized sleeves are probably not so easily found or more expensive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bäckstrand
Sweden
flag msg tools
I can only agree that the box is waay too big. I have a very limited space for my games, so games such as these limit the number of games I can keep!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can save room by putting your copy of resistance, as well as the original Coup in the same box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.