Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodney Arndt
United States
Elma
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could someone please clarify exactly how and when the Fuel Tank card is supposed to be executed. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you would take any amount of damage, instead of taking the damage, you can discard all the cards in the Fuel Tank slot. You then kill all the Minions in the range specified on Fuel Tank for its level.

There is some more info in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon van Oorschot
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fuel Tank is awesome, just saying...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Arndt
United States
Elma
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
When you would take any amount of damage, instead of taking the damage, you can discard all the cards in the Fuel Tank slot. You then kill all the Minions in the range specified on Fuel Tank for its level.

There is some more info in the rulebook.

Thanks that's what I assumed. So if you only have one fuel tank you do not rotate 90 degrees during your standard programming correct? It's only activated instead of taking damage?

Also does Fuel Tank damage the bomb? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick LAROSA
msg tools
Fuel tank is a move command card with a self destruct when it gets hit by a minion. You have to rotate as part of your program per its current level. When a minion attacks the mech with fuel tank if it hits the fuel tank by accident (meaning you choose to use its ability) it blows up damaging all mechs in range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
usbpt2004 wrote:
Fuel tank is a move command card with a self destruct when it gets hit by a minion. You have to rotate as part of your program per its current level. When a minion attacks the mech with fuel tank if it hits the fuel tank by accident (meaning you choose to use its ability) it blows up damaging all mechs in range.

Are you sure that it damages mechs? Everything I've read only mentions it killing minions.
Damage Prevention

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Arndt
United States
Elma
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
usbpt2004 wrote:

HUH? Ok now I'm totally confused as to how to interpret this card. Obviously I'm misunderstanding something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Racinrod wrote:
usbpt2004 wrote:

HUH? Ok now I'm totally confused as to how to interpret this card. Obviously I'm misunderstanding something.

The rotate part of the card only executes during your command line. So when you're running your command line and reach the slot containing fuel tank you rotate your mech and do nothing else.

The self-destruct part of the card only executes when you take damage. When you take damage, instead of taking that damage you discard the entire stack and damage all minions in the range specified on the card and do nothing else.

You do not rotate when taking damage, you only self-destruct the fuel tank.
You do not self-destruct the fuel when executing the command line, you only rotate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pratik Shrestha
United States
Auburn Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
lankyb wrote:
usbpt2004 wrote:

Are you sure that it damages mechs? Everything I've read only mentions it killing minions.
Damage Prevention

Assume a misquote. Mechs do not damage other mechs (or the bomb) with command cards, at least directly. Likely you can push/tow them in harms way.

Fuel tank damages minions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Arndt
United States
Elma
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moosemcd wrote:
Racinrod wrote:
usbpt2004 wrote:

The rotate part of the card only executes during your command line. So when you're running your command line and reach the slot containing fuel tank you rotate your mech and do nothing else.

The self-destruct part of the card only executes when you take damage. When you take damage, instead of taking that damage you discard the entire stack and damage all minions in the range specified on the card and do nothing else.

You do not self-destruct the fuel when executing the command line, you only rotate.

Thanks Jack I get what your saying, however, what throws me for a loop is the part on the card where it shows the two and three flames.... Turn 90 or 180 degrees and 2 range. Or face any direction and 3 range. Nowhere in there is the damage symbol saying anything should be hit. But then why does it say 2 or 3 range if your only supposed to turn?

This is the way I interpret the card and this is why I was asking for others opinions.... IMO This card is only executed when taking damage. You do not turn your mech or use this card at all unless your about to take damage. At which time you can scrap the card(s) and then execute the damage with either a 1,2, or 3 range depending on how many cards are in your stack.

Apparently though I am not correct in my thinking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You turn your mech on your turn just like other turn cards. You destroy the slot and minions if you want to instead of taking damage. More cards in your slot increases turning ability when doing your actions and also increases range when blowing up the fuel tank during the damage phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick LAROSA
msg tools
Yes that was a mistake. My comment should have been it hits minions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Racinrod wrote:
moosemcd wrote:
Racinrod wrote:
usbpt2004 wrote:

Thanks Jack I get what your saying, however, what throws me for a loop is the part on the card where it shows the two and three flames.... Turn 90 or 180 degrees and 2 range. Or face any direction and 3 range. Nowhere in there is the damage symbol saying anything should be hit. But then why does it say 2 or 3 range if your only supposed to turn?

This is the way I interpret the card and this is why I was asking for others opinions.... IMO This card is only executed when taking damage. You do not turn your mech or use this card at all unless your about to take damage. At which time you can scrap the card(s) and then execute the damage with either a 1,2, or 3 range depending on how many cards are in your stack.

Apparently though I am not correct in my thinking?

I can see where you'd get that, but it would be a pretty bad card if you couldn't reliably use it in a spot in your program. It probably would have been more clear if the After Taking Damage portion of the card was after the text showing how you rotate, similar to the way Skewer's wording is ordered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pratik Shrestha
United States
Auburn Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
Racinrod wrote:

This is how we interpret as well. To make an example of a similar card, reference Memory Core.

At 2 Computery: Turn 90° or 180° and deal +2 cards.

The turn is done during the execution of your command line at all times (not just when first player).
The +2 cards is to supercede the "deal +1 card" that happens only during Draft (if you are first player) .

You do not Turn and Deal extra cards during draft. Nor would you Turn and Draw extra cards during the execution of your command line. They are done at two different distinct parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry for not mentioning the usual execution effect in my original response. Fuel Tank does indeed have two effects.

As stated above, the two different effects are activated at different times, yet the power-up effects refer to both timings. There would not be enough room on the card to have the text changes for both effects in separate places, so they combined them.

Breaking the upgrade text apart, we can get a full description of this card based on level as follows:

Level 1 Fuel Tank:
Each time the slot in your Mech's program is executed, you must turn your Mech 90 degrees. So you will face to the left or right.

If you would be drawing damage for any reason, you can discard Fuel Tank to ignore the damage and damage all minions within 1 space of your Mech.

Level 2 Fuel Tank:
Each time the slot in your Mech's program is executed, you must turn your Mech 90 degrees or 180 degrees. So you will face a direction other than your current direction.

If you would be drawing damage for any reason, you can discard Fuel Tank and the card below it to ignore the damage and damage all minions within 2 spaces of your Mech.

Level 3 Fuel Tank:
Each time the slot in your Mech's program is executed, you may turn your Mech to face any of the four directions.

If you would be drawing damage for any reason, you can discard Fuel Tank and the cards below it to ignore the damage and damage all minions within 3 spaces of your Mech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Arndt
United States
Elma
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.