Hide
22 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Flamspitter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick LAROSA
msg tools
Does level 2 only kill targets in the squares marked with 2 or both 1 & 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All ranges include the sub-ranges, I'm pretty sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick LAROSA
msg tools
Thanks. That's what I thought otherwise it's not a very good command

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:

Unless you are talking about movement ranges. You HAVE to move the exact value on the card - it is not an "up to" value

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mixo wrote:
Unless you are talking about movement ranges. You HAVE to move the exact value on the card - it is not an "up to" value

The question was about damage ranges, not movement ranges.

Edit: Here is the card in question:

And when at level 3, you can still hit the cards within the 2 and 1 areas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Mixo wrote:

The question was about damage ranges, not movement ranges.

Edit: Here is the card in question:

And when at level 3, you can still hit the cards within the 2 and 1 areas.

All 3 ranges is how I have been playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rlphay wrote:

Which is correct, officially confirmed above by Chris Cantrell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
rlphay wrote:

How about blaze?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whipko wrote:
How about blaze?

Blaze has the same area of effect regardless of its Level. You only attack the targets on the left and right after your movement completes, and it is that movement which is changed by Level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
whipko wrote:
How about blaze?

Blaze has the same area of effect regardless of its Level. You only attack the targets on the left and right after your movement completes, and it is that movement which is changed by Level.

Are you sure, Clipper? Blaze's ranges 1 and 2 are the squares to the mech's left and right after step 1 and 2, respectively. If all three ranges are included when executing a Level 3 card, I would argue that Blaze fires after each indivual step of its 3-range movement.

I may be wrong, of course ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
rlphay wrote:

If it is, then some note should be put into the manual, saying that the area of effect consists of current power area affect + lower powers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrGosburoCoffin wrote:
Are you sure, Clipper? Blaze's ranges 1 and 2 are the squares to the mech's left and right after step 1 and 2, respectively. If all three ranges are included when executing a Level 3 card, I would argue that Blaze fires after each indivual step of its 3-range movement.

I may be wrong, of course ...

The text is clear. E.g., at Level 3, move 3 spaces then hit 2 targets.

There is no way to make that text work with it hitting along the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Clipper wrote:

Indeed, you're right. I had only the diagrams in mind, but just checked the text on the card again, and it's perfectly clear: The attack happens only at the end of the move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Chan
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DrGosburoCoffin wrote:
Clipper wrote:

Indeed, you're right. I had only the diagrams in mind, but just checked the text on the card again, and it's perfectly clear: The attack happens only at the end of the move.

What happens if you have a level 3 Blaze but your mech don't have room to make 3 movement spaces, would the attack still be triggered at the end of the movement phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snipes102 wrote:
DrGosburoCoffin wrote:
Clipper wrote:

What happens if you have a level 3 Blaze but your mech don't have room to make 3 movement spaces, would the attack still be triggered at the end of the movement phase?

Yes, you would stop when you run out of room but would still attack the adjacent minions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
Yes, you would stop when you run out of room but would still attack the adjacent minions.

I would agree, but I'm no longer certain given the response I received about Blaze's interactions with Lava Pools in another thread...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Tang
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Felkor wrote:

I would agree, but I'm no longer certain given the response I received about Blaze's interactions with Lava Pools in another thread...

I think this depends if effects only happen if their targets are located on the designated squares relative to the mech's starting location. If effects only happen when everything is in its "correct" position, then no, Blaze would not trigger if the mech has to stop short.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortunately, we have received confirmation that the Blaze attack does go off if you run up against an obstacle. It seems that it's ignored only when you lose movement points before completing the movement, which seems to only happen dure to Lava Pools (and perhaps Spiked Walls, but lets leave that argument for later).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Felkor wrote:

If you have a level 3 blaze and you are facing the edge of the map, you would still kill minions on either side of you.

This is different than lava because bumping up against the side of the map (or a boulder or whatever) does not interrupt your slot execution the way lava does.

so think of it like this, when you hit lava, it's full stop, you're done with this command slot, if you had effects left (like additional movement) you lose them.

When you hit a wall you keep trying to execute, so it's "move forward 1: nope, blocked. Move forward again! nope, blocked. Move forward one more time and flame! Can't move, but here is your flames... pew! pew!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Tang
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrPiddlesworth wrote:
When you hit a wall you keep trying to execute, so it's "move forward 1: nope, blocked. Move forward again! nope, blocked. Move forward one more time and flame! Can't move, but here is your flames... pew! pew!"

So the relative position of the targets to the mech's starting position isn't important? As in, the targets don't necessarily have to be three squares away and to the side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4ntonio wrote:
MrPiddlesworth wrote:

So the relative position of the targets to the mech's starting position isn't important? As in, the targets don't necessarily have to be three squares away and to the side?

Yes. Similarly if you tow something or run on an Oil Slick during the movement, your final targets will be where you end up, not where the image shows. The image only shows the usual situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.