Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alam Muammar
Indonesia
Bandung
West Java
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I really like worker placement, to me the mechanic is the heart of board game. I have played so many WP games and most of them delivered different experience.
I found most of WP games don't change the space to put worker in a major way. Ussually untill end of game only several spaces change, closed, added. I really like Spyrium because unlike other WP each round the spaces to put worker change. Well basically only the buildings that changing, but it creates different spaces to interact.
Does anyone could give any recomendations?
I own and have played these game,so I am not looking for this game: yedo,lords of waterdeep,caylus,lancaster,dungeon petz,viticulture,belfort,manhattan project,etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar has variable spots, as in the longer you stay on the wheel, the better the rewards. Really unique game. You can play it on WWW.BOARDGAMEARENA.COM if you want to get a feel for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alam Muammar
Indonesia
Bandung
West Java
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
djn1981 wrote:
Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar has variable spots, as in the longer you stay on the wheel, the better the rewards. Really unique game. You can play it on WWW.BOARDGAMEARENA.COM if you want to get a feel for it.

Allready played, a friend own it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Mansfield
United States
Poway
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola has new options for worker placement each round, with the cards for each phase of the game pretty much fixed, but the order in which they appear will vary from one game to the next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Meyer
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While it's not 100% like what you're looking for, Simurgh might be one to look into. It has some "static" work placement spots. But then there is a whole part of the board that is just pieces that the players add. Those can change every round, just depends on how the players are using those space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Targi is the closest worker placement I can think of to Spyrium, Keyflower is probably second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Fraser
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Le Havre might be worth looking into. The placement options are constantly changing as new cards come out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alam1000malam wrote:
I found most of WP games don't change the space to put worker in a major way. Ussually untill end of game only several spaces change, closed, added.

It is difficult for me to assess what you're really seeking. The bidding process in The Speicherstadt removes all pawns each round and players must choose how to reassign them. Does that make any connection for you ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shakespeare has an interesting mechanic where whatever spaces you use in a round cannot be used in the next round (with the exception of one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Orléans, workers are of different types and are drawn randomly from a bag each turn. So, the worker spaces available to you will change as your available workers change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alam Muammar
Indonesia
Bandung
West Java
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tineren wrote:
Targi is the closest worker placement I can think of to Spyrium, Keyflower is probably second.

Too bad targi is 2player game, and one of my gaming group allready has keyflower..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mats Persson
Sweden
Linköping
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ars Alchimia do change worker spaces each round. Will be re-released by Tasty Minstrel Games soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.