Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
In Putin Soviet Russia 'game' of RISK SHE will place "TWO ARMIES" in Ukraine 66/kiss\
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's so funny how the whackadoo conservatives toss away the dusty bones of McCarthy and embrace Putin.

Imagine if there was a timeline crossing of 1952 and 2016... the Republicans would be persecuting themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
It's so funny how the whackadoo conservatives toss away the dusty bones of McCarthy and embrace Putin.

Imagine if there was a timeline crossing of 1952 and 2016... the Republicans would be persecuting themselves.

Excepting the secret irony, at least as Presidents, Dems were always harder on Communism anyways. The GOP talked a good game, but it was the Democrats that went to war (and Carter was one of the few to actually seriously press the USSR on human rights).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
hillary clinton has probably shown them the way they should go:

Why should I trust a fucking thing that putin says?

He's a KGB trained nationalist who hates the u.s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Excepting the secret irony, at least as Presidents, Dems were always harder on Communism anyways. The GOP talked a good game, but it was the Democrats that went to war (and Carter was one of the few to actually seriously press the USSR on human rights).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
maxo-texas wrote:
Why should I trust a fucking thing that putin says?

He's a KGB trained nationalist who hates the u.s.

conservatives trust putin because he speaks the truth - for example in the video above when he says the threat of iran developing nuclear weapons was widely exaggerated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
hillary clinton has probably shown them the way they should go:

You idiot.

#NotAnArgument
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:

But the Republican Party of 2016 is different than the Republican party of 1952. If you cry foul about me changing the roles, then you have just agreed to the folliwjng:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Ku Klux Klan were Democrats so that must still be the racist party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
windsagio wrote:

<Snipped gif you're going to find embarassing>

Really?

So lets do this:

Who got us into a 'police action' in Korea?

Who escalated the Vietnam War?

Who embargo'd grain to the USSR?

Meanwhile:

Who lifted that grain embargo?

Who Opened up the PRC?

~~~

I'm not saying which side was right or wrong in any of those, but your basic ignorance is depressing as hell.

PS: I'll give you one freebie. That goddamn lunatic MacArthur did push Korea too far and lost us the war. That was both a Republican action AND more anticommunist than the democrats. Of course it was a massive disaster, but we can't have everything.

PS2: I'll give you another freebie. The Republicsns talked about anticommunism a lot and harassed a bunch of people over it, but they weren't willing to put feet on the ground. Republicans only like easy bully wars (or wars they think will be easy bully wars).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
windsagio wrote:

You idiot.

#NotAnArgument

There's no arguing with this. You're taking the word of a nationalist ex-KGB strongman (to paraphrase Mac) because it's politically convenient to you. There's simply nothing to discuss with something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
windsagio wrote:

<Snipped gif you're going to find embarassing>

Really?

So lets do this:

Who got us into a 'police action' in Korea?

Who escalated the Vietnam War?

Who embargo'd grain to the USSR?

Meanwhile:

Who lifted that grain embargo?

Who Opened up the PRC?

~~~

I'm not saying which side was right or wrong in any of those, but your basic ignorance is depressing as hell.

PS: I'll give you one freebie. That goddamn lunatic MacArthur did push Korea too far and lost us the war. That was both a Republican action AND more anticommunist than the democrats. Of course it was a massive disaster, but we can't have everything.

PS2: I'll give you another freebie. The Republicsns talked about anticommunism a lot and harassed a bunch of people over it, but they weren't willing to put feet on the ground. Republicans only like easy bully wars (or wars they think will be easy bully wars).

Reagan invading Grenada. A sovereign state while the Commonwealth and other Caribbean states were dealing with the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Putin was doing some displacement. He said American leaders were indulging in anti-Russian rhetoric to distract the public from pressing domestic problems. Actually, Putin himself is doing that a whole lot more. The Russian economy is failing due to lower energy prices and to a military expansion that Russia cannot afford. So Putin is maintaining his high level of popular support by making sure that his people blame America. That way, the Russian people won't notice how low their standard of living has sunk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikePustilnik wrote:
I think Putin was doing some displacement. He said American leaders were indulging in anti-Russian rhetoric to distract the public from pressing domestic problems. Actually, Putin himself is doing that a whole lot more. The Russian economy is failing due to lower energy prices and to a military expansion that Russia cannot afford. So Putin is maintaining his high level of popular support by making sure that his people blame America. That way, the Russian people won't notice how low their standard of living has sunk.

But wait! Wait! NO HOMO and running around half-naked in camouflage pants has to count for something!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.