Subject: So what does "peform this attack twice" really mean? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich S.
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
A guy I usually play this game with, (I haven't played in a long while) introduced me to cluster missiles way back when before I even had a copy of this game.

So we're playing and he moves to attack me and uses his missiles. He rolls attack, I roll defence, I cancel the one hit he had. He rolls again, then informs me that he gets to roll twice, but I (the defender) only roll the first time.

So I would like a clear explanation of what "peform this attack twice" really means.

We have cluster missiles, a twin laser turret I think, and some other pilot abilities and upgrade cards that give this effect. What are the differences, if any, between them? Is there one way to resolve this effect that is applied universally? Are there different resolutions depending on the source of the effect? I can't find a clear answer anywhere, so help me online forum, you're my only hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is two attacks.

You defend twice.

For game effect triggers, it counts as a single attack. That way things that trigger on an attack, like Tactician, only trigger once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
best is to read the latest faq, the attack process chart will help you to avoid making errors.

with cluster missiles you attack the same target twice rolling attack and defence normally, you cant choose another target for the 2nd attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
best is to read the latest faq, the attack process chart will help you to avoid making errors.

Exactly. You'll find it on the FFG product page for X-Wing.

Specificially, you're looking for this chart:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S.
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I had known that both attacks would be against the same target according to the phrasing "this attack", but it's nice to know I was not wrong. The key answer I needed was whether or not I roll twice in defending against an attack like this, and you answered it perfectly. About a year ago I downloaded the (then) current FAQ and still didn't find a clear answer. The combat flow chart they have now is great. Thanks for your help guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.