Subject: Storing it all in one box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guro Bjerkan
Norway
FLAKTVEIT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've now acquired both German Railroads and American Railroads and I already had the base game and the promo. At first, when I looked at the total amount, I was in the belief that I had to depend on the two-box solution, as the amount of boards just take up so much space by themselves. However after some fiddling around (as an added challenge, I'm not fond of bagging my game components, much preferring to use boxes for all my storing and organizing needs) I'm happy to say that I've managed to come to a one-box solution.

I used two utility boxes for most of the component storage, small 3-compartment boxes for the 4 different players, ready for start-up, and one small box for the cards. The engineers and track tiles are just sorted and stored between the boxes. The large utility box mainly holds base game items (and just one tile type from German Railroads) and the small utility box holds the German Railroads and American Railroads items.

Playerboards from each set added on top with the rules and the gameboard on the top.

As you can see, the box lid fully closes (at most there's a milimeter gap on one side) and best of all everything inside stays put and really speeds up set-up time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work! I'm pondering a foamcore divider for mine (currently have just the base game). Are the expansions must-buys for RR?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guro Bjerkan
Norway
FLAKTVEIT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

I haven't had the opportunity to play them yet, as I wrote I just got them. But the new they bring seems interesting, so if you want opportunity for variation, you should probably go for it. German Railroads brings coal that gives you new ways of getting the advancements you need, variable track expansions so you can choose what to focus on, and opportunity to have free-actions (or "income") every round. American railroads brings a stocks module where you get bonuses as you bring your company's stock up, a dual industry track and dynamite.

I look forward to trying it all out, I might even give the solo-bit that comes with German Railroads a go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh! Totally missed that you'd just gotten everything. Well, let us know how it all plays -- I actually have yet to play the standard game, myself, so I'm excited to do that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guro Bjerkan
Norway
FLAKTVEIT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aaj94 wrote:
Doh! Totally missed that you'd just gotten everything. Well, let us know how it all plays -- I actually have yet to play the standard game, myself, so I'm excited to do that

Have now tried out American Railroads (basically gave my group the choice between it and German since I was eager to try either, and that was their pick) and I definitely think it's good. The dual industry track is really good and makes it easier to get all the bonuses twice if you focus on industry, the golden spike makes focusing on the smaller tracks more worthwhile since they are two halves of one line, and the stock market is very nice to get a few steps on so that you get some bonuses triggered as engines are bought up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
I just did this exact same thing, minus the planos. I have RR+GR+AR+Mini all in the same box, all baggied up individually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.