Virginia Gardens
Florida
msg tools
mbmb
Village 29.99

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/226795

BGG
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/104006/village

I wonder if CSI will now be showcasing their weekend daily deals. Usually they do not even have a banner ad for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Such a great game. Highly recommended to grab the expansions, as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Smithwick
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
noforananswer wrote:

I wonder if CSI will now be showcasing their weekend daily deals. Usually they do not even have a banner ad for them.

Did you see something on there for this other than their daily deal? I'm only curious because I frequently check their deals, but they have tapered off greatly since I first started ordering from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked this one up myself. This one seems right up my alley. Should I get a few plays of the game in before getting either expansion or is it safe to just jump right in? The reviews on the expansions for this game seem unusually positive relative to some others I own. I love Five Tribes, but haven't picked up either expansion. Same with Stone Age. To me, expansions seem to try to do one of two things. A) add a fifth player (which I will rarely have at my table) or B) add depth to the game. However, it seems to me that expansions usually add complexity without depth. Rarely do they seem to accomplish their goal, so let's just say I remain skeptical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JW Copeland
United States
Liberty
Missouri
flag msg tools
I have an uberbadge, but no picture to show.
badge
This is not me.
mb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
Picked this one up myself. This one seems right up my alley. Should I get a few plays of the game in before getting either expansion or is it safe to just jump right in? The reviews on the expansions for this game seem unusually positive relative to some others I own. I love Five Tribes, but haven't picked up either expansion. Same with Stone Age. To me, expansions seem to try to do one of two things. A) add a fifth player (which I will rarely have at my table) or B) add depth to the game. However, it seems to me that expansions usually add complexity without depth. Rarely do they seem to accomplish their goal, so let's just say I remain skeptical.

In my opinion, The Inn really adds to the game, and should definitely be considered, either immediately or sometime in the near future. The Port is also good, but not as critical to turn a very good game into a great game. I own both expansions, and I would definitely repurchase the Inn, and I probably would have saved my money on the Port. All that said, Village is very good without either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.