Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodney Cockrell
United States
Corona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always been confused by this. If I play a scenario that says "The build capability function of the players' BCPC units starts on the 5th game turn" does this mean I have 3 build points or 15 build points on turn 5?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

That never seemed confusing until you brought it up. It could have been phrased better. I've always assumed that it meant "Starting on the fifth turn the BCPC produces 3 build points per turn." The accumulation involved in the other interpretation is striking enough that if that were the intent you'd think it would be explicit. I tend to go for the "tamer" reading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Cockrell
United States
Corona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the wording in the manual could have been a little clearer. There is a PDF called the Rivets Player Aid Sheet in the files section. Granted, this was user-created, but it lists under the turn sequence "receive build points" and "build and program units" as two distinct steps. This made me think that maybe you collected points regardless of whether you could build.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.