Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zachary Alvarado
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Apparently IBC/Travis don't check the listed email on their webpage (no surprise since the site hasn't been updated in years) or their FB page. I saw him post his KS email in a previous 1+ year old thread. Would that be the best way to contact him? Does anyone have any updated info?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Alvarado
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, so I figured I'd give an update, in case anyone else has the same question and comes around to this thread. Here's the story:

So my copy of Flash Point is missing the dice. Not a HUGE deal, I actually have spare D6s and D8s. But, I like to have what I'm supposed to have if I paid for it. So I figured I'd try to get a replacement pair.

- sent 2 emails to contact@indieboardsandcards.com, 1 email to kickstarter@indieboardsandcards.com, 1 FB msg to Indie, 1 direct KS msg to Travis W on his KS account, and 1 msg here on BGG.

- I offered Travis W I'd buy a Flash Point expansion to justify the shipping for some measly dice. I dont mind spending the $, I just wanted what was supposed to come w/ the original game. Indie has no direct store, but I figured something could be worked out.

- the above 6 msgs did not receive a singe reply (perhaps no real surprise since Indie's site and FB page had not been updated in years).

- a few days later, Indie makes some posts on their FB page, but did not reply to my FB msg. Action Phase (their recent acquired partner) posted on FB they were at a con w/ Indie, so I msg'd Action Phase.

- Action Phase responded promptly, offered help, but ultimately they suggested I had to re-email contact@indieboardsandcards.com. So i did.

- about a week later and no reply from Indie, my 3rd email to their contact account.

- I FB msg's Action Phase again. They apologized, they figured Travis W had emailed me. They said Travis W told them that he doesn't do replacement orders for dice.

So Travis W ignored all my contacts, and used Action Phase as his de facto middle man to have them reject my request. The epitome of great customer service and support, right?

I've been meaning to find a way to buy less board games since I have negative space in my apt. Now this helps, since I won't be buying any more Indie games and plan to sell the ones I have. It's a shame really.

(side note, I'm specifying Travis as "Travis W", b/c Action Phase also has a Travis on their team lol).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait until their next Kickstarter and then post some less-than-positive messages on KS. That seems to work well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Alvarado
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
good to know laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm experiencing something similar right now. I ordered something from them and never even received it because of the packaging being opened due to poor taping. It was an expansion to Snowdonia and the miniatures ordered off Amazon from IBC Direct, and they wrapped some cardboard around it and put tape around it in a cross shape (leaving the corners open. The gaps were large enough for the cards to fall through. When I got the package, only the miniatures where in there.

And now I have no idea how to get a refund or the item actually shipped to me again. Amazon seems to only offer a return item service for a refund. There's a problem. There's nothing to return.

EDIT 11/18/16: I just received an email from the USPS telling me there is a package on the way from PSI in Kentucky. I think that might be where Amazon ships from, it's due to arrive on Monday. We'll see if this is the replacement I requested. I still have not received any message from IBC Direct telling me they resent the item. I'll update this if they did replace it or if this is something else.

EDIT 11/19/16: I sent a geekmail to Travis, and he got back to me explaining how to go about getting the item replaced, and it is on it's way to me. I should have it by Tuesday. The shipment from Kentucky mentioned above was a Kickstarter game.

tl;dr: Problem solved with the help of Travis from IBC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
From everything I know about IB&C, that seems about right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.