Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Flick 'em Up!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules clarification and my thoughts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matti
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
I've played Flick 'em Up few times and while I like the game, I'm a bit disappointed with the rules. I know the game is meant to be a sand box where you can modify the rules, but there are still too many things left unanswered. Here's a few:

Scenarios that have clear objectives which do not involve killing, like Scenario 4. Both players have to get 7 gold sacks inside a building and the rules says the following about the winning conditions:
Quote:
The game ends immediately if one of the teams completes their objective. Otherwise, the game ends when the
clock strikes midnight: the team with most gold stored wins. In case of a tie, the team with the most gold being
carried by their cowboys wins.

Does killing another team count as a win or does the other team keep playing alone to finish the objective in time or do the cowboys keep respawning until one of the teams wins or the time runs out? If killing the other team counts as a win, it's the best strategy and makes the objectives somewhat meaningless.

Picking up tokens. The rules say that when picking up a face down token, the player flips the token and may pick it up. The rules also say that the cowboy may use action to pick up or drop tokens in plural so does this mean that the player may reveal only one token but pick up two if there are multiple tokens face up?

Extra health tokens. Are they added to the health token stack of the cowboy or are they health packs that take the inventory slot and is it an action to use it later?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patty Pilf
Finland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
masaiko wrote:
Scenarios that have clear objectives which do not involve killing, like Scenario 4. Both players have to get 7 gold sacks inside a building and the rules says the following about the winning conditions:
Quote:
The game ends immediately if one of the teams completes their objective. Otherwise, the game ends when the
clock strikes midnight: the team with most gold stored wins. In case of a tie, the team with the most gold being
carried by their cowboys wins.


Does killing another team count as a win or does the other team keep playing alone to finish the objective in time or do the cowboys keep respawning until one of the teams wins or the time runs out? If killing the other team counts as a win, it's the best strategy and makes the objectives somewhat meaningless.


If the team that was killed had the most gold stored, they would still win, as that was the main Objective.

It'd be unbalanced if they spent most of the game doing all the work, only to constantly get wiped out near the end.

Quote:
Picking up tokens. The rules say that when picking up a face down token, the player flips the token and may pick it up. The rules also say that the cowboy may use action to pick up or drop tokens in plural so does this mean that the player may reveal only one token but pick up two if there are multiple tokens face up?


Yes, for one action: Either pick up one, or drop as many as you like.

Quote:
Extra health tokens. Are they added to the health token stack of the cowboy or are they health packs that take the inventory slot and is it an action to use it later?


The Heart Tokens are placed on the heart spaces, the effect is instantaneous.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
Picking up tokens. The rules say that when picking up a face down token, the player flips the token and may pick it up. The rules also say that the cowboy may use action to pick up or drop tokens in plural so does this mean that the player may reveal only one token but pick up two if there are multiple tokens face up?


Yes, for one action: Either pick up one, or drop as many as you like.

Where did You got these infos? In the rules is written "a Cowboy [...] may spend an action to give a token to a neutral figure." Not as many as You want?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.