Markus Wegener
Germany
flag msg tools
It says you can only use dice from other players to improve the robustness of a blend.

1. So do I have to be able to already create a blend out of my own dice (so I have to roll at least 5 dice and at least two of the have the same color) and then just improve the robustness of my self achieved blend by interchanging some oy my own with other player's dice
or
am I allowed to create a blend by adding the donated dice which I could not have created by myself (and in that case take care that the added dice have the main color used for the blend at the end)?

2. (in case of first option of (1.)) does my own created blend out of my own dice already have to be better than the current outlaying one or is it enough if my upgraded blend with other people's donated dice beats the outlayng one?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played it that as long as the final result is playable (beats the existing blend) it doesn't matter whether or not it was playable before adding other player's dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The intent of the rule is to simply make sure players aren't creating a playable blend using only donated dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Wegener
Germany
flag msg tools
Ok so imagine I roll five different colors with five dice (all colors except white for example). Could I then use a donated red dice to make a blend with two red dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
nakorrrr wrote:
Ok so imagine I roll five different colors with five dice (all colors except white for example). Could I then use a donated red dice to make a blend with two red dice?

Yes. Although you'd be better off making/stealing a Rainbow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.