Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cody King
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe this has been asked. I've checked out the other two towing questions.

Anyway,
1. If I have movement 2, do I only move 1 while towing? Or do I move 1, drop item, then move my 2nd move?

2. If I have move 3 can I tow 2 spaces? If I have move 4 can I tow 3 spaces?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You move 1, the towed mech goes into the spot where you were.

Each space that you tow costs 2 movement points. With 3 movement points you must move once and tow once, or tow once then move once. With 4 movement points you could tow twice (and this could even be two different mechs each time). You could also move twice then tow once, tow once then move twice, or move once then tow once then move once again.

In other words, moving once costs a point. Moving once while towing costs two points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
United States
Santa Monica
flag msg tools
mbmb
Think of it like this:

For every two spaces you would move in a single command line action, you can INSTEAD move one space and place the object behind you. Then, if you landed on an oil slick, resolve it (the towed object slides too), and continue with the remainder of your move (if any).

That means, in a single command line action with:

Move 2 - you can either move 2, or tow 1
Move 3 - you can either move 3, move 1 then tow 1, or tow 1 then move 1
Move 4 - you can either move 4, move 2 then tow 1, tow 1 then move 2, or move 1 then tow 1 then move 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Schindler
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darric wrote:
Think of it like this:
Move 3 - you can either move 3, move 1 then tow 1, or tow 1 then move

i think, you can't tow only one and don't move the last movement. it would be easier, but there is a post where Riot Kader wrote you must move...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
gomtuu wrote:
Darric wrote:
Think of it like this:

i think, you can't tow only one and don't move the last movement. it would be easier, but there is a post where Riot Kader wrote you must move...

Towing with an odd # of movement of 3 or more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gomtuu wrote:
Darric wrote:
Think of it like this:

He uses up all 3 movement in all of his examples.

Move 3 = 3 Movement

Move 1 Then Tow = 1 movement for the move and 2 movement for the Tow = 3 Movement

Tow 1 then Move 1 = 2 movement for the tow and 1 movemnt for the move = 3 Movement
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you must use all points of movement. Every movement is one point, every towed movement is two points.

It's worth noting, speed is an excellent source to tow from, since a triple stacked speed lets you tow up to 3 spaces.

Towing is often safer than pushing, since as you move forward, you could potentially stomp on a threat. but it's also much harder to control with real consistency and less efficient. Because of this, I typically plan around pushes and save towing for when I get it stuck along the edge of the board. Every situation is unique, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think about it as giving a Movement point to a Mech/Bomb adjacent to you. Only that the movement given to the towed object MUST be used to move into the space the Mech just left.

If the Mech hits an oil slick during its movement then all the spaces he covered are considered "moved through" and thus the Bomb also moves through them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rent13579 wrote:
Think about it as giving a Movement point to a Mech/Bomb adjacent to you. Only that the movement given to the towed object MUST be used to move into the space the Mech just left.

Additionally: This kind of situation, where something like Omnistomp can have you move sideways, is why it's better to say the bomb must follow in the Mech's "wake," not that it must follow "behind" the Mech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Marchbanks
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I play games! You play games?!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if a bomb or towed mech must follow in the wake of the one doing the pulling, how is it possible for some of the above explanations showing tow > move? I thought I had towing figured out but now I'm a little unclear.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thediceyreview wrote:
So if a bomb or towed mech must follow in the wake of the one doing the pulling, how is it possible for some of the above explanations showing tow > move? I thought I had towing figured out but now I'm a little unclear.

I'm unclear on your question. Can you give a specific scenario you're wondering about?

Keep in mind that when I say the bomb or Mech "follows in the wake of" the towing Mech, that doesn't mean the towed object is moving on its own. It's still being pulled, and is still adjacent to the Mech.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Marchbanks
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wretched Git wrote:
thediceyreview wrote:

I'm unclear on your question. Can you give a specific scenario you're wondering about?

Keep in mind that even though I said the bomb "follows in the wake of" the Mech, that doesn't mean the towed object is moving on its own. It's still being pulled, and is still adjacent to the Mech.

Well there were a couple of examples above that said if you had 3 or 4 points of movement you could tow and then move. I would assume that is impossible? Since an object has to follow in your wake, wouldn't that mean that you always have to move before pulling an item behind you? And not the other way around?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thediceyreview wrote:
Well there were a couple of examples above that said if you had 3 or 4 points of movement you could tow and then move. I would assume that is impossible? Since an object has to follow in your wake, wouldn't that mean that you always have to move before pulling an item behind you? And not the other way around?

Each step that a Mech takes is either going to be a standard movement, using 1 space of your movement; or a towing movement, costing 2 spaces of your movement. If you want to tow for multiple steps, you use 2 spaces of your movement each time (and they must be from the same source).

The 'wake' statements only applies for Oil Slicks, as in that case, the towing Mech moves multiple spaces when taking a single step. The cost for the step is still 1 or 2 spaces of its movement, depending on whether it moves alone or tows something for this step, and the towed Mech ends up in the final space the towing Mech exited (usually on the Oil Slick).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
The 'wake' statements only applies for Oil Slicks,...

No, I was using that term as a substitute for the idea that a bomb follows "behind" a Mech. It doesn't make sense to say "behind" in all cases, because you can move left (with Omnistomp) while towing a bomb that's on your right. The bomb is not "behind" your Mech, but you're still towing it.

And if you Omnistomp to the left in order to tow a bomb that's behind you, that bomb swings over to follow your Mech in its wake -- which, in this case, will be at your right, not behind you.

But to answer Paul's question: The towed object only moves when you can and do tow it: that is, when you spend 2 movement (to tow the object one space); and it also follows your slide if you step on an oilslick while towing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Marchbanks
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wretched Git wrote:
Clipper wrote:
The 'wake' statements only applies for Oil Slicks,...

No, I was using that term as a substitute for the idea that a bomb follows "behind" a Mech. It doesn't make sense to say "behind" in all cases, because you can move left (with Omnistomp) while towing a bomb that's on your right. The bomb is not "behind" your Mech, but you're still towing it.

And if you Omnistomp to the left in order to tow a bomb that's behind you, that bomb swings over to follow your Mech in its wake -- which, in this case, will be at your right, not behind you.

But to answer Paul's question: The towed object only moves when you can and do tow it: that is, when you spend 2 movement (to tow the object one space); and it also follows your slide if you step on an oilslick while towing.

Ok that makes sense thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.