Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

My friends and I played yesterday for the first time. Game is great although several doubts arose during gameplay:

1) May both legions from the same team share the same area?
2) In case the first question is negative, what if an area belongs to your teammate but he has no troops on it? May you move into that area?
3) We discovered that the table for Korean-Ming team in 4 players setup has opposite symbols to the map shown in the next page. Which one is right? It seemed to us that image setup seemed more logical, but we'd like confirmation.
4) Which Japanese faction does Gregorio Céspedes (Essen promo) belongs to? It seems a little bit wrong that Japanese Generals can't be differentiated based on legion symbol as they all have the Japanese and not their faction symbol.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Mann
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul Teukbyeol-si
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also played 4 player today for the first time. From what I can tell, questions 1 and 2 have answers.

Yes, you should be able to move and recruit in areas that are controlled by your teammate or where your teammate already has 1 legion. The rule book says on page 20 says "The limit of 2 legions per area account for all legions you and your teammate control." This suggests that legions from two factions can be present in the same area for this rule to be needed.

Question number 3 was also discovered when we played our four-player game. We agreed that the image was a better set-up, since Ming should be in the back getting ready to assist Korea, and it also allowed Korean hero Yi Sun-shin to really shine as a naval commander from the beginning. It would be really nice if there was some official confirmation on which is correct.

As for question 4, we just didn't use Gregorio. Each Japanese faction already has six generals, so I've only used it in 2 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bgnations bgnations
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Hello,this is game designer Allen

Q1&2
Like Mann posted above

"The limit of 2 legions per area account for all legions you and your teammate control."

To easier relaize,we can consider the area belongs to the whole team in a 4P game. not only belongs to Ming, also not only belongs to Korea.

Q3
the Map is correct.

Q4
Gregorio belongs to the Konishi side(follow the history).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks both for the clarification.

bgnations wrote:

Q4
Gregorio belongs to the Konishi side(follow the history).

After posting I thought about looking for Gregorio in Wikipedia and saw he went along with the Konishi

I'm willing to play again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question 1: In a 4 Player game, if both factions are sharing an area as noted above, do they get the full Production/Recruitment points from the area on their turn, or only half?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bgnations bgnations
Taiwan
flag msg tools
when Production

count all area Production Points belongs to your side

for example:
at the start of the game
"Kato" Faction chose to production, he will get 20 Supply points, comes from all Japan player controlled area, not only from "Kato" Faction controlled.
then he can split 0~10 SP to "Konishi" Faction player if the want.

When Recruit

the symbol on the area means the area recruitment limit
so it doesn't have the full or health Recruitment points problem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.