Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Wave 1 Shipment #2 - Mechs vs Minions will ship mid-December 2016 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikolaj Sehested
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
I just saw the announcement on Riot's online shop that wave 1 Shipment #2 will ship mid-December 2016. Well that's really a long time to wait considering that I ordered the game as fast as I could, dealing with a brokken link and 404 page not found on the Riot online shop. Riot has already withdrawn the payment from my bank account.

I feel a lille dissapointed with the whole process. There were no announcment from Riot that my game would ship more that 2 Months later when I ordered it... And is it not best practice for online stores only to withdraw payment after a product has been shipped?

Well I was really looking forward to play Mechs vs Minions very soon but now I have to wait a looong time. It's not always easy to be a dedicated boardgamer if you want to play the newest board games on the market

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about you, but I ordered today and saw "Mechs Vs Minions (Wave 1 - Shipment #2)" in my cart, and when I clicked it said "Shipment #2 of Mechs vs Minions is estimated to start shipping in mid-December 2016" in bold and red. All of that was before I had done any more than add it to my cart.

I'm sure they're doing whatever they can to get the games to us ASAP. I'm looking forward to my copy in December. Two months is nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When buying the game, after wave 1 (shipment 1) had run out (at approximately 7:50 BST), Riot put wave 1 shipment 2 in their store. Nobody could buy wave 1 after it had run out.

Your confirmation email from Riot should also states wave 1 shipment 2. If your email states otherwise (only "wave 1") then you are eligible for this month's shipment.

About payment, in UK, whenever I pre-order something, the usual practice is for stores to charge me straight away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolaj Sehested
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Well I ordered October 14 and there were no shipment announcement highlighted in red. I tried to order on time October 13 but I couldn't get the link to work. I just have to wait it out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jalokin wrote:
Well I ordered October 14 and there were no shipment announcement highlighted in red. I tried to order on time October 13 but I couldn't get the link to work. I just have to wait it out

They're not happy with the way it worked out for those who immediately ordered - I guess they were a bit overwhelmed by the number of orders

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23944683#23944683

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolaj Sehested
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Well I guess I'm just used to get charged when the product has been shipped as a consumer in Denmark. That's best practice in the Nordic contries even though it's not required from the online stores. We have high standards in protecting the consumer when buing online

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolaj Sehested
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
haslo wrote:
Jalokin wrote:

They're not happy with the way it worked out for those who immediately ordered - I guess they were a bit overwhelmed by the number of orders

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23944683#23944683

I guess so

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jalokin wrote:
Well I guess I'm just used to get charged when the product has been shipped as a consumer in Denmark. That's best practice in the Nordic contries even though it's not required from the online stores. We have high standards in protecting the consumer when buing online

I am sorry if oyu couldn't reach shipment 1 the other day, but seeing the fast it got sold, the onlie shop collapse was very likely to happen, as it did occur.

Have you ever backed a Kickstarter project? There you put you money upfront and wait for months, sometime years and cross fingers to have a good product delivered. This is not a KS, Riot is a huge company and you have all the relevant info everywhere on the web, so there's no need to worry for your money. Besides, Riot made it crystal clear that shipment 2 of wave 1 would be shipped within 2 months, so I'd guess your transaction has worked as a pre-order, which is also common practice in the boardgaming industry.

As a fellow geek said, two months is nothing. And once you get the game, you'll realise how much effort has been put into this product with the best price to qaulity ratio of the whole market hands down. This is much more important than having to wait some time, or paying beforehand (in my humble opinion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.