Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shelia Wright
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I listen to gaming videos and podcasts on my commute to and from work....I listen to all dice tower videos... I like Rahdo and Rodney smith's watch it played..... those are the only three guys/ groups I know and like.... what else is out there... what is you favorite... I would like to add some others to my list. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bbbb bbbb
msg tools
1)The Secret Cabal
2)Shut Up & Sit Down
3)drive through review
4)GameNight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
Heavy Cardboard is a great podcast if you are interested in meatier games. It is honestly interesting even if you don't. The only downsides are that they often review out of print games that are super hard to find and they love a specific kind of game that is taste specific (heavy economic euro's). I don't really care for paying a ton for OOP games and I don't care for heavy economic euro's but I still enjoy their show a lot.

Shut Up and Sit Down video's have a very entertaining style even though I often disagree with their tastes.

Dive Thru Review is good.

Jon Gets Games is a really fun video series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My hands down favorite is The Secret Cabal. They're fun and the sound quality is the best out there.

After that:
- Blue Peg Ping Peg is nice because they have a variety of opinions and female representation
- Podcast of Nonsensical Gamers, same although they tend to focus too much on lighter games for me... one host (Dan) is the only one that likes soul-less euros.
- Rolling Dice and Taking Names
- 1 Player Podcast, if you like solo
- Board Game Blitz / Our Turn - are new and (IMO) are still tying to really find their voice, but they're both all-female gamers, so I'm rooting for them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foldedcard
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
My favorites:

Ludology: if you have any interest in the design of games this one is great. One of the few where it is worth going through a lot of the back catalog.

Dice tower podcast: generally good coverage of current events in gaming with lots of contributors. Tom and Eric always do a good show.

Blue Peg Pink Peg: lots of game discussion with one big review per episode. Also a big focus on how gaming affects couples and relationships from the four hosts.

Heavy cardboard: focus on heavier games with one big review per episode and lot of game discussion.

Other honorable mentions: low player count, gaming rules, meeple nation, shutupandsitdown podcast, plaid hat podcast.

I have listened to lots of others but I find many are not for me, so you definitely should sample a wide range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mb
Ludology is great!

Close 2nd is Drive to Work, a podcast by mark rosewater on the making of Magic the Gathering. He hits magic specific, gaming in general, and broad design principles. Always entertaining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardsAlive! It's stupid silly fun with decent reviews and hard hitting interviews with various podcasters and game designers, worth the time it takes to listen to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Francis
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Board Games Insider: Increasing to hear two successful publishers talk about the business. Plus, Stephen and Ignacy have great chemistry.

Board Game Business: Likewise a lot of inside know-how being discussed. Gets into the process from the designer and publisher POV.

Ars Cardboard: Podcast of the Cardboard Republic. Occasionally goes outside game reviews to take on other issues in the hobby.

On Board Games: Various hosts review, talk issues, etc. Smart convo.

I'll also second the previous mentions of Ludology, Dice Tower, SU&SD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiai Weidemann
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I listen to most of the podcasts listed in this list and I think they are all great but my favorite two by far are:

1. Flip the Table
2. The Party Game Cast Featuring The Party Gamecast

These two look into game I rarely play, but they both have an energy about board games, that matches mine. If I was only going to listen to one podcast, it would be Flip the Table. No podcast has changed my gaming behavior more than Flip the Table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haakon Gaarder
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree about Boards Alive, silly fun. Very dorky but in a good way. Love their "cinematic" intros to games. Sometimes it's too obvious that they're reading from a piece of paper though.

I reccomend The Long View as they go deeply into games instead of the usual first impressions.

Finally one of my favourites is The Game Pit, as they're the most critical game reviewers I've found, and they always have solid explanations for why they like or dislike stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Meier
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboard! with Rich Sommer is a fun, short podcast that just restarted. He takes phone calls live, recommends cocktails to go with games, and gives away games to people who tweet using his really long hashtags. It's really a great little 'cast that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.