$35.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Perdition's Mouth: Abyssal Rift» Forums » General

Subject: Campaign mode - Treasures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a little confused about the Hideout expansion and the treasures.

Maybe anybody could explain it for me.

Which treasures am I able to buy between missions? Any treasure in the treasure deck?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi Sebastian.

No, just the ones that traders will have.
You will notice those with different backside.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those treasures that have the "not part of the treasure deck" backside?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Teichmann
Germany
flag msg tools
On a related note: What does the Star Symbol on the upper right corner of some treasure cards mean? This icon is nowhere to be found in the rulebook (it can be found on cards like Gloves of Transmutation and Robes of False Prophet).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Teichmann
Germany
flag msg tools
After reading the Data Sheet from the Hideout Expension again, there is a mention that there are 25 treasure cards included. There are exactly 25 cards with the star symbol in the upper right corner, so i think these are the "shopping" cards (but they have the same backside)?

*edit* After the 3. try i'm now sure i got it. In the Special Treasure Deck there are 16 Treasure Cards who have a red circled "T" symbol on the upper right corner on the front side of the card. The rules indicate that these are the shopping cards
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Norman Teichmann wrote:
After reading the Data Sheet from the Hideout Expension again, there is a mention that there are 25 treasure cards included. There are exactly 25 cards with the star symbol in the upper right corner, so i think these are the "shopping" cards (but they have the same backside)?

*edit* After the 3. try i'm now sure i got it. In the Special Treasure Deck there are 16 Treasure Cards who have a red circled "T" symbol on the upper right corner on the front side of the card. The rules indicate that these are the shopping cards


Your take 3 is correct

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samson The Dragon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So all the other treasure cards from the 3 campaigns may be used from the start? Or should they enter depending what campaign we are doing? The only exception i found was the 'Helm of Dominion' that is needed for a scenario.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Samson1976 wrote:
So all the other treasure cards from the 3 campaigns may be used from the start? Or should they enter depending what campaign we are doing? The only exception i found was the 'Helm of Dominion' that is needed for a scenario.


the expansion treasures are intended to be included only in the expansions. If you have all components, I'd advice not shuffling all treasures
to one deck.

Thus, you should not gain HO treasures when going WG through, for instance.
Treasures are thought in such way that it keeps balance and gives things that are needed for that situation.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen Wiesner
Germany
Düsseldorf
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmb
But treasures are meant to be kept when moving on to the next campaign?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
The_Crimson_King wrote:
But treasures are meant to be kept when moving on to the next campaign?


Absolutely. So if GAIN treasures, sure you'll keep those.

What I wanted to say is: You should not place treasures from another campaign to your Treasure deck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samson The Dragon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, i did mix them when i opened the box. I suppose the cards from the hideout and grotto expansion are those with a small H or W in the corner?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Yep, Samson, you're correct.

The ones with W are Witch's grotto, the ones with H are Hideout treasures.

And in all cases Treasures that have different back are not intended to be in Treasure deck at any given time. Those are Treasures with particular purpose.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing with the hideout expansion: Who sells the different items? Is there any hint except the little help in the Hideout rules sheet?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruymán
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Beckikaze wrote:
When playing with the hideout expansion: Who sells the different items? Is there any hint except the little help in the Hideout rules sheet?


Yes, the Hideout rule sheet explain which items are sold by which merchants. Then you apply the Traders variant rules on page 33 of the rulebook.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
A couple of treasure questions:

1) I have two copies of "Explosives" from the Hideout, and incidentally have 26 treasures instead of the 25 listed. One is T56, the other is T56b. The "b" version *doesn't* have the "Special treasure" text on the back, but it does have "Do not place this item in Treasure deck." Could I get a clarification on why there are two and why one has the special back while the other doesn't when both have the extra directions in their description?

2) From the Witches Grotto expansion, the Icon of St. Ben has the "Special treasure" text on the back, but I can't find how it gets into play! Could someone tell me how the icon enters play, or at least provide me a hint?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
rpvt wrote:
A couple of treasure questions:

1) I have two copies of "Explosives" from the Hideout, and incidentally have 26 treasures instead of the 25 listed. One is T56, the other is T56b. The "b" version *doesn't* have the "Special treasure" text on the back, but it does have "Do not place this item in Treasure deck." Could I get a clarification on why there are two and why one has the special back while the other doesn't when both have the extra directions in their description?


Interesting. WOuld you mind taking a picture of both of these (both sides).
That would help. Then I can try to find out whats the situation with those.

Quote:

2) From the Witches Grotto expansion, the Icon of St. Ben has the "Special treasure" text on the back, but I can't find how it gets into play! Could someone tell me how the icon enters play, or at least provide me a hint?


Aisha has this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Timo, it would be great if you could clarify how Aisha is supposed to have this (with appropriate spoiler if needed). I am finishing the Witch's Grotto campaign and I don't see any mention of this anywhere.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
boulou wrote:
Timo, it would be great if you could clarify how Aisha is supposed to have this (with appropriate spoiler if needed). I am finishing the Witch's Grotto campaign and I don't see any mention of this anywhere.


Aisha has the Icon of St. Ben.
Place that treasure for her hero sheet. You can not relocate that item
to any other Hero before Aisha has joined your team (obviously).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Eridis wrote:
rpvt wrote:
A couple of treasure questions:

1) I have two copies of "Explosives" from the Hideout, and incidentally have 26 treasures instead of the 25 listed. One is T56, the other is T56b. The "b" version *doesn't* have the "Special treasure" text on the back, but it does have "Do not place this item in Treasure deck." Could I get a clarification on why there are two and why one has the special back while the other doesn't when both have the extra directions in their description?


Interesting. WOuld you mind taking a picture of both of these (both sides).
That would help. Then I can try to find out whats the situation with those.

Quote:

2) From the Witches Grotto expansion, the Icon of St. Ben has the "Special treasure" text on the back, but I can't find how it gets into play! Could someone tell me how the icon enters play, or at least provide me a hint?


Aisha has this.




The top set is T56, the bottom set is T56b.

I would love to buy a set of updated scenario and hero cards if you ever reprint them with these updates!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
rpvt wrote:




The top set is T56, the bottom set is T56b.

I would love to buy a set of updated scenario and hero cards if you ever reprint them with these updates!



Ah, indeed. This intentional.

The one with "Special treasure" is the one that is given by a few scenarios, where as the one with standard back is additional treasure which should be in treasure deck of HO.

Good point, thanks for pointing it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
So the part that needs to be changed is T56b should not have the sentence, "Do not place this item in Treasure deck"?

Also, you say it should be in the WG treasure deck even though it is from Hideout?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:

Aisha has the Icon of St. Ben.
Place that treasure for her hero sheet. You can not relocate that item
to any other Hero before Aisha has joined your team (obviously).


Clearly another item for the FAQ, this is not mentioned anywhere as far as I can see. At least this is making Aisha a bit more attractive now!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
rpvt wrote:
So the part that needs to be changed is T56b should not have the sentence, "Do not place this item in Treasure deck"?


Not quite. The 56b is really not intended for the deck. It's given out by some scenarios.

Quote:
Also, you say it should be in the WG treasure deck even though it is from Hideout?


It's actually hideout. My mistake. Corrected above.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Eridis wrote:
The one with "Special treasure" is the one that is given by a few scenarios, where as the one with standard back is additional treasure which should be in treasure deck of HO.


Eridis wrote:
rpvt wrote:
So the part that needs to be changed is T56b should not have the sentence, "Do not place this item in Treasure deck"?


Not quite. The 56b is really not intended for the deck. It's given out by some scenarios.


Sorry, this really confuses me. The first quote says that the standard back is additional treasure for the HO treasure deck. Note that T56b has the standard back. The second quote says that T56b is not intended for the HO deck. These seem to directly conflict.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Currently working on Perdition's Mouth Board game content
badge
Imperial Assault - Imperial Player
mbmbmbmbmb
T56 is a part of the deck while T56b is not. T56b is an item you must find in one scenario in order to blow up tunnels.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.