• [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you mean by 'avoid' a barrel?

If you fall off your board because you didn't play the right card to stay on, you end up in the wash - you just bailed.

If you played the correct card to stay on your board, you stay in the same location on your board (no balance change).

If you avoided the barrel by jumping over it (with a #4 on a short board), you end up wherever the balance shift puts you. If that's off your board, you bail and end up in the wash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shea
Germany
Nußloch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I was looking for. So I am still riding the wave, if I play a 4 on a short board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if you're still on your board after shifting your balance by 4 +/- Stoke tokens, you are still on the wave. You don't get a Barrel token though, as you jumped over the barrel instead of riding it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Adria wrote:
Yes, if you're still on your board after shifting your balance by 4 +/- Stoke tokens, you are still on the wave. You don't get a Barrel token though, as you jumped over the barrel instead of riding it.

Every time I get an alert there's a new question in the Tavarua form, it's already been competently answered! You're such a boss Adria!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.